Game bugs out to Black screen

I’ve had this happen at least once or twice daily now when playing the game. Just had it happen now where the game breaks and fades to black. Everything else on the computer is still running fine, it’s only the Overwatch window and nothing fixes it or brings it back. Can still hear game audio running.
Only way to fix it is to close the game and reopen and just now had to do it while in a Comp match that I’d just joined and now I’m suspended for 15 minutes.
Thanks Blizz <3

Howdy!

That sounds like a TDR error where the Video card runs into a conflict. I would recommend to first try disabling all background applications by disabling Windows startup items following the steps Here.

If the issue continues, please upload your Dxdiag to site like http://pastebin.com/ and paste this data back here in the code blocks below:

`Link Here`

Thank you!

I just updated my graphic card drivers last night to see if it helps. Closed some background apps as well to see if it makes a difference, probably won’t though.
For the record I’m using a Nvidea 1080 FE.
Never had this problem with OW1, that game was stable as all get out. OW2 is nothing but a clown circus only without the fun, and obviously there is stuff you need to fix on your end because people shouldn’t have to be disabling background apps everytime they want to play the game, especially when those apps don’t affect any other game they play.

Edit: Btw you should know that this crash caused me to drop from Gold 1 to Gold 2 even though I won more games than I lost. It made sure to throw the “1 game disconnect” in my face at the deranking screen. So thanks for that waste of my time Blizzard.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.