Game addition: log match data to txt file

Allow people to enable a setting that logs everything about their hero to a external log file. This file can then be parsed by people for a better overview of the match. It would be very much like how WoW log file works. It would only write out data to the file every 5 or 10 minutes so live parsing wouldn’t work. Maybe only once the match ends.

2 Likes

What are some examples of what this log would contain?

Everything you do…

I actually dont mind this. I think this is a great idea

I imagine very little outside the realm of what you can already see from the tab menu.

TAB just shows who’s in the match.

The logs could show similar stats like that on world of logs. Get a time line of data and crap. You’ve seen the sites people have made with just the data from profiles. Imagine what could be done with an entire log of the match.

You gotta glance over the bottom of the screen there…

It shows very limited data compared to what could be in a log.

The log could show everything from what heroes you hit the most and did the most damage to to assist and killing blows. How many shots you did total and how many were hits. Could show what heroes landed shots on you and what ones got killing blows on you.

You need to step out of the small box you’re in and see how much data is there over all.