Fustrating issues with my Overwatch play in the last few weeks

Hi again,

I tried a factory re-set as well as VPN, neither fixed it. I also noticed that I am getting frame rate drops even in hearthstone.

Interesting - that’s good information, thanks! Based on what didn’t work and this little bit of information, it’s possible we’re looking at a hardware issue. Might be a CPU issue, since throttling due to heat can slow down your CPU, and slowing down the CPU can also cause that netgraph to display the way it displays. Let’s look for that.

Grab hwmonitor and install it. Then, launch hwmonitor and play a game until it crashes. Once it does, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.

If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.
  7. Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.

If you have link errors, copy the code below, then copy/paste your link between two ` marks, it’ll break the link and let you post it. You can just copy paste everything in the box below and replace “Link goes here” with your link.

`
Link goes here
`

[quote=“Drakuloth, post:22, topic:509685”]

https://imgur.com/a/d3PhdcH

Please find the link you asked for above

Some updates:

I replaced my hard drive as well as my Router and modem and bought much better RAM and still having the problem.

So to re-cap, I have replaced the following since the problem started : Modem, Hard drive, Ethernet Cable, Video Card, Network Card, RAM, Router.

Also I have tried un-installing everything else on the Hard Drive and closing all software and just running Overwatch on it and this didn’t help either.

I called my internet provided and they couldn’t detect any issues on their end.

CPU is spiking to 76C. Supposedly the mid-70s before is where throttling starts, but I’m having trouble confirming this.

Your GPU is at 79C. Max for your card is 89C. As you approach that temp, it will begin to throttle performance to prevent getting hotter. Maybe these are the root of the performance issues?

Based on what’s already been replaced and the fact that your core temp is higher than intel’s recommended TCase for that card, it’s most likely you’re getting throttled due to CPU heat. I’d disable any overclocking you’re doing on anything at all, clean the case, and have someone double check the thermal paste/cooling solution for your CPU. You may need to replace the paste or get a beefier fan or something to handle that heat.

Update:

Replaced my fan with a new better one and disabled overclocking, been running temp tests while playing. The changes brought down my max temperatures significantly. My max temps now are around 50-65c. I am still getting the issue as much as always. So I think we have ruled out over-heating? See todays test below

https://imgur.com/a/fkITcoq

One thing we thought of was that we replaced my power supply about the time this started happening. It was an upgrade because my computer had been making a lot of noise. Is it possible that the new power supply could cause an issue such as this?

Pizzazz,

That is also a possibility! Do you happen to have the old one? As long as the previous one wasn’t faulty and causing power spikes, you can always test by having a tech put the previous one in and see if it goes away. If it does, you may want to RMA the new power supply if possible. Power spikes would also cause behavior of this nature.