Full screen on my 49" monitor

need help with my samsung G9 i cant play overwatch in full screen

1 Like

Isn’t that one of those super wide monitors? Overwatch doesn’t have support for that because the fov gives an unfair advantage. Do some Googling, it has been a hot topic under super wide owners for a while.

Oh yeah, that appears to be 32:9. Overwatch only supports a Frame of View of 103 and only a maximum spread of 21:9 (which you see less than from 16:9 due to the maximum FOV of 103).

Sorry but they don’t allow any wider of a FOV for competitive fairness for all players.

2 Likes

oh thats unfortunate, guess ill just spilit my screen to 2, thank you so much

1 Like

Don’t mind me, i still don’t see what advantage it gets besides having the HUD more on the sides
what you see doesn’t change, 144hz or more are more of an advantage IMO

If it were to run in full screen it would either be horrendously stretched, or have to increase the FOV to compensate, which would let you see a much wider arc in front of you. This would let you see flankers coming from angles you wouldn’t normally be able to, whereas currently you can reliably know where an opponent will be abe to see you from

1 Like

For what i see the view only steches, but you can’t see more
You can have the image static, what is shown is the same, only that streched out to a way that it looks normal, but i’ve seen video comparison and it doesn’t show more

I don’t think you understand how this works. There’s roughly two ways to fill such a huge monitor with pixels:

1: take the highest ress and FOV and stretch that all the way out so the screen is fully filled with pixels. Obviously Blizzard won’t do or support this because that means a terrible image with weird (wide) aspect ratio’s.

Or

2: use the screen’s native resolution and draw the normally empty spaces (compared to regular monitors) with pixels. You now have a much, much wider FOV and a huge advantage. This looks very good but obviously Blizzard won’t support this either because of the FOV.

Yeah but like
Idk if I can explain myself correctly
You don’t exactly see more
or not the way i think about it

This is the comparison i’d like to use and be the one overwatch uses (idk if they currently use it) but in this CS GO video, the image is just stretched out, you don’t see more but it doesn’t look bad… i think

Incorrect, I don’t know how this works for CSGO but first of all, if you go to 0:02 where he’s standing still and pause it there, you can clearly see that his FOV is much wider. Compare the white buildings and the gray buildings on the right side.

But besides that, the monitor the OP is talking about has a different resolution and aspect ratio: 32:9 as opposed to 21:9/16:9 used in the video.

The shorter screen runs with higher fov to compensate but yet the wider one still shows a bit more.