Frustrated Parent - Overwatch 2

Yeah, because some of us parents that are now having issues, were happy to just play the games with our kids before. Now that it is impossible to do so(without me purchasing a 4th cell phone line). I am letting my ire be known in hopes they will change their policy.

1 Like

What kind of boots sucking nonsense is this? These are the kind of trolls that try to bring everybody down that have legitimate complaints. It’s not a feeling of entitlement to expect something in return for your money and support. If you paid money into overwatch, and help support it and keep it alive, including buying things like the watch point pack, why on Earth wouldn’t you be entitled to a game? This is the most elitist junk ive ever heard, the continual labeling of legitimately disgruntled consumers as “overly entitled” or just whiners that aren’t owed a single thing

4 Likes

Keep making posts like these. This needs to be addressed.

1 Like

Yeah, the game is free to play now, you just have to pay them with more personal info now + whatever has been paid in the past, it’s ludicrous. I don’t really understand why a post-paid number is so necessary since bypasses already have been found and used. May as well make it enter my ssn to play the game at this point.

Merge your sons accounts with yours and your wifes. they will use the same phone number and continue on without issue.

They want to play together as a family, not on two accounts, that’s the issue. But blizzard want a phone number for each account, and it specifically has to be post-paid too :confused:

1 Like

but you can remove a number and add it to a different battle.net account. If you already had 10 battle.net accounts it’s a simple process to switch between them. The people getting shafted are the one’s with phones deemed incompatible or the families like mine that have 4 players and 3 cell phone lines. I actually have a VOIP line as well, but of course I can’t use that.

Exactly, that’s my problem too

I know you can play on separate consoles at the same time. I’m doing that now with my sister.

I’m not sure about, cross play tho.

They’re the parent, they can decide what’s ok for their child to play.

3 Likes

My response about entitlement comes from feeling as if you’re (and I say you’re as a general statement, not you Rachmaninoff in particular) owed a game simply because you’re in a demographic (T for teen). This was a reply to Tylertee06.

You’ve spent 100s of dollars on Overwatch. Not Overwatch 2. New game (lol?), new rules. If you’re saying it’s not entitlement to expect access to Overwatch 2, I can understand where you’re coming from. On the other hand though, technically you’re not being barred access from the game or what you’ve paid for.

It’s like being told a video game like Pokemon or something requires internet access to access new online components or DLC, and you don’t have internet. You’re not being prevented from doing so, you simply haven’t met the requirements. And you’re not forced into it either.

But anyway, just my two cents on the matter. It does suck. I do feel there needs to be some work around to resolve this.

I think that was the straw for everyone. They do this at the last minute for some bullcrap excuse not realizing it won’t solve it at all, but then again being more noisy on people’s lives.

It’s all about the :dollar: :dollar:, but I guarantee the moment competition beats in a common sense move. They’re the first to apologize and try to mimic that game’s concept success. Blizzard are the best copycat AAA company after all adding in a little twist to it.

Exactly. A move like this and battlepass just proves how greedy they can do. They’re just milking off this company’s previous success.

1 Like

One of our accounts is barred access from OW2 and all the things that were purchased on that OW1 account(skins, etc) that carried over into the new game. 3 cell lines, 4 accounts. This legalistic argument that you are making, may be true, but that doesn’t make it a good decision on Blizzard’s part. Parents like me who are now blasting the decision are doing so because we hope it will enact change.

Agreed. I do hope somehow they will address this issue for players who aren’t smurfs and simply want to play the game.

I feel like this is their revenge for the cringe of that moment.

sad. extremely valid reason to be upset : /

good. begone smurf.

2 Likes

Same situation here. Two gaming parents with two kids. We had to reach out to my spouses Aunt and Uncle and ask to use their numbers. I suggest maybe asking family?

1 Like

So was GoldenEye, but I was playing that at age 7.

If that is the most “elitest junk” you’ve ever heard, I feel you’ve clearly not socialized much away from the computer in your room.

I never labeled anyone as “overly entitled”. It’s a discussion. Your “troll” name calling nonsense doesn’t apply to me.

Calm down, go back, and re-read carefully. It helps with comprehension, I promise.

1 Like

It’s like history repeating itself, except this time they are not saying the words but still saying it loud and clear. lol