Frustrated Parent - Overwatch 2

Lol. That’s hilarious.

1 Like

Yeah that had to be 3rd rate trolling or delusion right?

1 Like

All I’m saying is new accounts almost always place no higher than Plat. If you don’t believe that, that’s fine.

2 Likes

so im assuming your kids are a few years over 13 as you said theyve been playing since overwatch 1 and at that age i dont see why they cant have their own phones, at that point theres not rlly a reason for you to be upset about this?

C’mon that’s just silly. They’re upset because their kids can’t play the game any longer.

6 Likes

They need to introduce an alternative to sms.

12 Likes

I think the phone number requirement is a good thing. I don’t want kids screaming down the microphone nor matches full of smurfs. But why it’s there outside comp is anyones guess. Mine is Blizz didn’t have the time to add it in and just used the existing phone number verification in the battlenet account instead.

3 Likes

I am astounded at how much people are shilling for Blizzard.

PARENTS SHOULDN’T MAKE IMPORTANT DECISIONS BASED ON ACCESS TO A GAME.

Stop assuming you know anything about what their situation is, because you don’t. They could have playing ai matched at 6 or 7 years old.

30 Likes

Your case is nothing like his case.

7 Likes

of all of the wokeness blizz panders to…they forgot about the part where a lot of folks throughout this world dont have cell phones or monthly subscriptions to cell phone coverage? lol like seriously, you make your game f2p but then make a sms move that cuts out the vast majority of poor gamers… weird flex.

dont worry though, they cant handle “ddos attacks” as it is in 2022… youd be waiting in a 2 hour que regardless. failed game already

6 Likes

Families don’t always get their kids phones because they’re freaking expensive. A monthly payment on top of that means they’re paying for OW2 just not the way they normally would. Itd be going to the phone service.

Screw that. Let the kids play without a phone.

25 Likes

I haven’t thought about this given your angle on it. its truly a shame and not a good start of an “era” as shills have been calling it.

2 Likes

You aren’t the one to make that decision. That the decision of their parents and them alone and they are fully allowed to decide that their kids can handle something regardless of a rating system. Just like parents can take kids into a theater to watch a rated R movie if they choose they can also allow their kids to play a game rated higher than their age.

Now could you please stop being a troll and being so hateful to normal people who just want to enjoy a video game? Is that really that hard?

6 Likes

yea, your wrong, Blizzard has been using SMS protect for a while. A quick google will reveal many many ways around.

It didn’t stop people from smurfing in OW1. Why would it stop people in OW2?

I bought OW1 in 2016 why do I have to spend more money(40 dollars even) to prove I’m not a smurf. So I can grind 8 months for a single skin?

Stop excusing Blizzards greed. The majority of the gaming community is not as dedicated to OW as you seem to be. They will just play another game.

4 Likes

they could just add soloque and alot of accounts will be not necessary for smurf players

My way to fix it is to allow families to have up to 5 accounts or so tied to one number.
But if one of the accounts is suspended, they’re all suspended. Don’t think it’s fair? please don’t outsource your families problems for the world to fix.
Also if someone gets banned, you use the slot forever. the others are in good standing, but you don’t get that slot back.

1 Like

Hm. Okay. Then go ahead and buy them some lol.

Not every family can afford phones for every family member.

6 Likes

This. Like what the heck??? I didn’t get a phone until I was in college (2006) cause we had a landline.

It’s like so inconceivable to some that some families may have their own standards as to when their kids are ready to have a phone, or just think it’s unnecessary for their kids to have one at the time.

9 Likes

No , no, no… if you are over 12… you have a cellphone… duh…/s

1 Like

If one account gets hacked and is banned all accounts are banned.

If my kid makes a stupid decision now everyone has to pay for it?

I grew up playing games, I never had to worry about getting my entire family banned from a game.

Stop making excuses for Blizzard.

5 Likes