Frustrated Parent - Overwatch 2

Well yes, though I mean as in monetized live services. They used to be games that were supported for decades, but now they’re just live service transcational stores with games buried underneath.

I stopped playing WoW before all the store crap got implemented. And the beautiful thing is I converted all of my WoW gold into Blizzard store money and bought Diablo 2 Resurrected for free with it, which to me is the only game I can say is now worth playing from Blizz.

Overwatch I played since release, but never spent a penny on lootboxes and still unlocked every single cosmetic in it. Now however they are shoving live service monetization into my face, which is a queue for me to leave this game and company behind.

1 Like

And there’s the “I would never”-ing.

And as for PCs? Boy be prepared I was about 26 when I finally got my own.

You really do push the “my experience should be the norm” with these responses huh?

1 Like

Some parents don’t let their kids have cell phones and I’ve noticed that those kids are the most well behaved.

2 Likes

Thank you! I got my family sorted thankfully.

Lets b honest are they even playing the game if theyre on a switch :clown_face:

Uhhhh hard time believing this is the norm. Don’t get me wrong I can see this being a thing for like on a case by case thing but like I thought phone use in class is highly discouraged. At least when I aided for a school a few years ago it was.

1 Like

I find it strange that one would advocate for more teens to have phones, making them much more vulnerable to the internet. I know it’s just my opinion, but to push so hard for somebody else’s children to have internet access just doesn’t sit right with me. There’s nothing wrong with parents protecting their children.

5 Likes

Huh? How do you even get that? I didn’t say anything about what I would or wouldn’t do.

Same for me. Well, gaming PC anyway.

Jesus, I’m not saying anything should be anything. I’m saying what IS the case! It IS the case that cellphones are ubiquitous among teens. That’s not a “should” statement. It’s an observation.

You’re straw-manning me hard, and I’m not sure why.

Once again, I’m not advocating for anything.

However, you do need internet access to play Overwatch.

That might be the case for the US ( I don’t know ) but certainly not for Europe.
I am not arguing that most teens don’t have phones nowadays, but it certainly is no requirement and nobody for sure enforces it and there still are some parents or even teens that see no need in a cellphone, yet like to play games, as odd as this sounds.

But I have to agree with you, that this is a very niche issue I am sure OP can figure out and work around with Blizzard Support.

I feel like it’s a lot harder to stumble across chat rooms, social media, ect on somebody’s xbox or playstation than a cell phone.

1 Like

And if you bothered OP’s kids have the game on switch. Easier to watch than full internet access.

There’s the crux of the issue with your responses.

ESRB ratings provide information about what’s in a game or app so parents and consumers can make informed choices about which games are right for their family. Taken from the ESRB website. The reasoning for Overwatch 2 having a “teen” rating is due to Tobacco and “blood depictions”. These are minor and much less worse than what my son sees on a daily basis and as a parent I have made an informed choice based off of this that its ok for my son to play. Its a game I also play(ed) so I can play with him and monitor interactions. He doesnt have a cellphone because its too expensive, and I don’t want him getting on things like tik tok because the kids at school do. He’s turning 10 but hes probably better at this game and more mature than some of the people in this thread. He should be able to play a game that we own.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t go that far. If you have a basic browser on your phone you can get into bizarre chat rooms anywhere from FB to DA.

Honestly is not that niche theres a lot of forums about the issue

2 Likes

I said the phone part was the easy way to access those things. Or at least that’s what I meant.

Right We see more violence and drug IRL or in the news than in Ow 1 or 2

2 Likes

Well harder, yes. Not impossible though.

About kids not having cellphones but wanting to play overwatch?
Or do you mean adults not having cellphones and wanting to play overwatch?

There is a difference between those, as one of those groups can change that anytime they see fit, the other can’t.

Ah my bad then but yeah. I mean basic browsing on systems is a bit “newer” in terms.