From Zero Hour to Hero: Inside Echo’s Audio

These arent desperate measures, its just derailing a thread theyre just as likely to read as any other post, it isnt even like theyre not trying to fix comp, hero pools and bans have been thinks theyve implemented to try and make it better for the community and we know theyre thinking of other things as well, they’ve said this already, we’re even getting a new mode for ow2 and they talk about how theyre constantly trying things out like turning 2cp into a 3cp to try and make it better for us, you’re impatient and ungrateful brat yelling blizz doesnt care owl bad hurhurhur

9 Likes

Why are people argueing over stuff in this sweet post about Echo and her unique voicelines?

Honestly this post is no place to complain, make your own.

9 Likes

Because there’s appropriate and inappropriate times and places to share that kind of feedback.

By all means you’re “within your rights” to flaunt your ruffled feathers, even here.

It’s just inappropriate and won’t really help much- and if anything, will accomplish the opposite.

Many players already complain that blizzard is too quiet around here and doesn’t open up enough to us.

I can’t help but feel it’s because of situations like this- where they try and give us an interesting peek at what’s gone into the game many of us love

Then individuals such as yourself take it upon themselves to empty their bowels in a colorful manner.

It’s very easy to see why the devs would go “welp. That was fun. I’ll make sure to do that again really soon”.

You want to give them feedback? Neato. Do it in the appropriate place.

15 Likes

The people throwing a fit over random things not even related to the OP. Yikes.

10 Likes

You really would be a great symbol or person representing
“Why the devs shouldn’t come here”. People like you have to comment, be off topic and you think you’re making a point.

11 Likes

ok competitive isn’t related to that at all

oh those that barely tackle the actual issue there is or completely miss it, yeah those

useless, to be honest, use your microphone

it’s just a DLC that includes new skins and a PvE mode

who is completely broken and turned out to be something nobody has ever asked for, the game lacks supports/tanks and it’s a DPS.

ok competitive could care less about that

Competitive is simply dying, enjoy the DLC and calling each other toxic in QP.

3 Likes

It’s more about the hard work of a sound tech dev and the voice actress. The thread has nothing to do with game balance and is about sound design for all the voice work behind a new hero.

Yes, it is, which is why I’m confused people have to bring the discussion over balance to this post.

Imagine being so irrationally upset about game balance that you actually feel insulted by blizzard providing people with a learning experience about the sound engineering in their game.

11 Likes

There are many reasons why someone can’t be on mic, also you saying they don’t care and just milk money from OWL emplies that they’ve given up on the entire game and not just comp

So anyway, about Echo’s sound design: I could argue that some of her effects could be a tad louder. But otherwise, I actually like how she sounds. Kind of like a space game.

7 Likes

Because, for some people, it’s not enough to have their own discussion, they have to talk over other people too and assert some petty, fragile dominance in favour of their own ideas, regardless of the time or place.
Honestly, I find that pretty sad.

8 Likes

God forbid some of the devs want to show us what they’re proud of. You guys are the worst, Jesus Christ.

15 Likes

The communication wheel is good as is for people who can’t use mic due to health-related reasons. I have a friend like that and he never complained about the comm wheel being lackluster.

And, haven’t they kind of abandoned the game for OW2? They’ve done nothing that would help the health of the game since OW2 was announced. And no, not a single one of those restrictions like a map pool or hero pool didn’t help.

Preach

Damn, you sound like you really hate this game. Why not do something else since this game clearly brings you to do nothing but rant about how much you dislike certain aspects of it?

A game about bringing Heroes together, and you decide to try and pull the community apart. Shameful.

13 Likes

It’s hard to throw away few years of my life, thousands of hours of game-time just like that. One could say I still feel some passion for this game.

The only thing that’s pulling the community apart here is RQ and its defenders.

2 Likes

The process behind it is cool!
Takes one little idea.

4 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from, a lot of us are in the same situation where we feel such a nostalgic love for the game and remember when we used to enjoy playing it every day, for hours on end, never getting bored.

Slowly overtime, it became more competitive and less… fun? I’ve learned that letting go of the competitive nature of it and just enjoying it is the best way to actually reclaim that nostalgic passion.

1 Like

For people in EU or console there is almost never any point on going on mic.

Hero bans whilst hated now where an idea that many people thought was interesting at the time, they’ve also nerfed CC and Mei who has been hated for longer than any hero, they’ve gotten rid of map pool because people complained, are reworking 2 maps because people complained, added open queue for those who don’t like role queue, tried to make events more different than last year without having to put too much time and resources into it and other smaller things. Whilst it’s not as much as we’d like, they have added more so far this year than they had last year

3 Likes

Honestly don’t forget. Even though they are saying it’s quite an accomplishment…

They don’t seem to be saying about the work that’s going to be needed… for the next…let’s just say 10 next heroes.

(Again nerfing her and fixing her current bugs is not the major issue.)

(Why I have said in the past, such a “copy” hero should exist after we reach like 50… when it’s not such a key factor.)