From constantly delaying to just outright lying

Keep making posts about this, it really makes you seem like a cool and mature human being.

Hard to say for sure, but I’m just speaking as my own experiences as a programmer and how corresponding patch notes are often generated. Occasionally our patch notes (which our company gives out to fortune 500 companies) is just an accumulated email of of people replying to someone asking “what should i tell people is in this new build?”

1 Like

But why do they never correct it. Everytime people point out “here’s the patch notes where you deliberately put this “bug” in, it’s not a bug” and they stay silent and don’t say “oops we messed the patch notes up sorry, here’s the right version” which they have done when they have done before in other scenarios. But never for the fake bug fixes.

1 Like

They lied about Roadhog getting a rework. They lied about his one shot being unhealthy when it so clearly had been for the past 6 years of his existence and clearly removing his damage the last time was a horrible idea that made him irrelevant. It’s all lies and deceit from them now…

Because it’s generally not worth the effort to do so. It’s not actually that important whether the change was labeled as a balance change or as a bug fix. The change exists and people know about it.

What else can you call them when they’ve had a history of doing it?

They don’t communicate anything that’s going on inhouse, any ways that the plan has changed, they just say one thing and then do the next. They said that they removed the ability to endorse the enemy because it was toxic and it’d stay gone, and then they brought it back anyways.

Sloppy/disorganized? I feel like liar implies malicious intent to deceive.

Not much of an improvement for a dev team with 400+ people.

Disorganization generally increases as head count increases.

I mean they’ve updated incorrect patch notes for less lol

If you use git, try git log like e.g.
git log master..mybranch --graph
I’d use it with version tags.
You might find something prettier or better for your cases

2 Likes

“Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to punch”

coming to you soon

I was wondering why this wasn’t listen under hero changes. There is no way they’re trying to claim this was a bug. I remember years ago it was stated in the patch notes that she had that ability. I remember because I remember thinking it was kinda busted (not op but like good).

Because it’s not the same people anymore and it shows. The people who implemented past buffs, nerfs, etc are NOT the same people who are making changes now.

Another perfect example of this is justifying Cree HP nerf with buff to fall off dmg. Which had nothing to do with it originally. It was to make him tankier and less dive-able. The hp revert would only make sense if flashbang was still a thing.

Remember Mercy boosting Hanzo’s ult being called a bug too, 3 years after :sweat_smile:… I guess they’re doing this nonsense again. Sorry for Ashe if you play her a lot.

Probably not the same people / core team. A lot of people left during the sexual harassment scandal and lawsuits, the pandemic with Jeff Kaplan and in 2022, prior to the big F2P update. There were like 3 waves of departure from Activision / Blizzard in the last 3-4 years.

A lot of things and rules are inconsistent in this game and increase even more as we go.

If this with Ashe is a bug, why do some other heroes are able to gain ultimate charge during their ultimate being active?
For instance Wrecking Ball can gain ultimate while his mines are out and active.

Calling changes “bug fixes” when they’re clearly intentional is cowardly. If the devs think a change to a hero is necessary, then make the change and own it! Calling something a “bug fix” in Overwatch is a fail safe so that if the community doesn’t like the change, the developers can just say, “it was never intended to act like that.” Nice catch on the patch notes. Some community members have receipts ready!

But he is.