Friend banned for quite literally no reason?

Pretty sure people being banned falsely feel incredibly insulted too!

2 Likes

No idea the situation but that’s not really evidence of not hacking. People can enable and disable them at any time, game play footage of certain times playing certainly doesn’t exclude anything.

It’s Overwatch community and staff members. They don’t do justice here. They just accept false accusations and think you or whoever is guilty than innocent. It’s not healthy here and players are quick to report to vent their frustration.

The only info I got from a GM during that 2018 false ban era is that many reports are overlooked and they stay that way even if you’re innocent. Blizzard really a bad company when it comes to that. I still remember the day in this very forum I got a silence on post that wasn’t even bad.

I was agreeing with a poster post and then it disappears, but 1hr later my silence was removed because a gm at that time saw nothing wrong with it and assumed the mods or whoever misread the post. Overall it really depends which GM reads it first, but most of those good ones probably don’t work at Blizzard anymore. Only the toxic ones remains staying by the books than taking the extra time to investigate the issue. I know some of their names well.

3 Likes

who exactly is Jeff anyway?

I writed this comment in another thread where there was a guy say was false banned

I give always the same advice to people say get false banned for my personal experience of some permanent false bans in others games,black ops 2, CS and bf4-bf1, all lifted.

If you really not cheating contact a consumer association of your country or make your lawyer send a mail to the SH/publisher legal division, asking information about the ban or go trought legal way to obtain them.

I resolved in this way all the time with bans lifted max in around 1 month.

They can’t hide this information from you, you have the right to know it legally, eula and similar thing not have legal value in this case in various countries, not important what is writed in them.

2 Likes

lol here’s the thread to clarify

:thinking:

A comment like this confirm nothing.

From what i understand he work for Blizzard, not for the anticheat SH.

So he can have wrong information given by anticheat SH.

I talked with 2 community manager of Dice the SH of battlefield and both of them confirmed i was cheating in bf1, but after a mail of my lawyer and around 1 months me and many others was unbanned, with even the community manager confirm the anticheat error on their official forum.

Considering this was the very first time (and only time thus far to my knowledge) this has ever been done on the forums, I would imagine this particular case was double checked thoroughly before he made a public post about it.

Personally i don’t trust people not working directly for the anticheat SH because the people work for the SH of the game , have only information given by anticheat SH.

Even for me and many others they said do double check on bf1, for two weeks there was confirmation of bans after checks, but after around a month, they simple confirm the error of the anticheat SH officially on forum.

After my various experiences of false bans i always start on presume is a SH error.

Ordinarily, I would agree in general with your sentiment regarding this, just not that particular person. They’ve been making a big deal as of late when it comes to dealing with the cheating issue, a topic that has been fairly heated on the forums for sometime now. Now, I can’t know for certain one way or the other, no one detached from the process can really say, but, this person basically unwittingly volunteered to be their good-faith effort poster child, and was called out in a manner never before done. So while everything you’ve said is without fault, in this one particular case, they definitely nailed it, and yes, this person has even admitted to it after the fact.

Ok but isn’t really important one case, specially if there isn’t someone from the anticheat SH to confirm it.

Considered how much experience i have in false bans, i always presume is a SH error and give the same solution i used, consumer association or lawyer, always worked.

1 Like

Aaaaaaand there’s your problem.

Thanks Suko - yeah i read a bit of this earlier as i’m in the same boat of being banned with no idea why, ticket submitted, not commenting on it. thanks for sharing thread.

3 Likes

Your solution is definitely the most productive way to go about, thats for sure, but coming onto the forums about it is like volunteering to be burned at the stake lmao

I doubt they would ever do this, but if your story is true, that should definitely be made a pinned thread on its own for every forum.

Surely you understand the difference between an automated tool making an incredibly rare mistake and directly accusing the devs of intentionally malicious (and probably illegal) behavior?

i absolutely understand the difference, i’m not commenting on that though - i didn’t cast any aspersions, my comment was only in regards to the fact that people being falsely banned probably also feel insulted.

1 Like

Yes coming on forum isn’t help.

I used the forum only for bf1 because i see was a big problem and i want to talk to other players and see SH reaction.

Seems they deleted the official answer from forum, but you can find screenshot of this on internet.

twitter .com/BFBulletin/status/847204229383114752

The “funny” thing is how they was answering to people in the month before they confirmed the error.

forums .battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/662448/#Comment_662448

After my personal experience in others game and specially this in bf1 is hard to “trust” the SH of the game, they can have bad information from anticheat SH.

1 Like

Well sure, but that’s not what my comment that you replied to was about. The automated tool isn’t accusing anyone of anything, but the person I replied to was insinuating purposeful malicious intent.

That’s an understandable sentiment. There really should be a pinned thread detailing the proper channels to go through. From a PR standpoint, this can only improve their standing with customers honestly.

Thank you for sharing by the way.