Friend banned for quite literally no reason?

So my friend was apparently banned for hacking. She literally plays on controller and plays mostly mercy, reaper, and junkrat. Anyone else find it a little odd that her ban appeal was denied? there is actual evidence to her not hacking through VODs on twitch. I’m just trying to figure out why blizzard is unable to actually help their community in any way. Has anyone else had a false ban not appealed?

15 Likes

This is probably the fifth post I have read about a false ban within the last 24 hours. Those bans are really shady because they more or less tell you it will not be reversed and even say they might refuse appeals too. It is like???

36 Likes

Looks like Blizzard is rolling out another rust storm, about time. Late night/early morning hours US time on US servers have been a nightmare of cheaters the last couple of months.

9 Likes

Possible another ban-wave though sounds like some innocent people got took down with it. But we will never know if OP is telling the truth and if it is a wave of bans then the hackers are not happy they got caught finally.

Who knows.

6 Likes

let’s keep this in mind friends

6 Likes

Wow there’s video footage of someone not using aimbot.

This is definitive proof that they’ve never cheated in any way ever on or off screen.

22 Likes

she pretty much only plays overwatch while streaming, but alright. deniers gonna deny for no reason other than ‘banned? must be guilty by default’

11 Likes

Hi, I am the friend an honestly I do not know how to hack, I am not v computer savvy and I have many clips and evidence from my streams on Twitch. My appeal has been denied and they wont reopen it the investigation or let me prove my innocence. I just really enjoy this game and would appreciate any help, I can give and send proof if yall don’t believe me either !

11 Likes

Damn bro you’re right it’s impossible to for someone to be cheating if they upload a video of them not cheating.

Here let me reverse your ban for your friend.

12 Likes

Hard to prove though, take speedruns for example, many cheaters were not found until years later (heck one getting into the world record book until caught), in those years they played normally on and off and when caught admitted splicing footage together or using programs, turning them on and off throughout the speedrun to seem legit even on live-streams.

Impossible to really prove people play OW or games when only streaming, large chance they do have alt accounts to play when not streaming too or even alts to test out cheat programs which happens in other games alot.

Comes down to the honor system which seems to be broken again and again

3 Likes

Why do you assume the system is 100% accurate and unflawed. Innocent people can be banned rarely, especially during a big ban wave.

23 Likes

Sorry hear this happened to you, BeeLucky.

5 Likes

I give people the benefit of the doubt because it is not as though proven cheaters have anything to stand on. Innocent players, however, are definitively screwed.

Think about it, if you are an actual cheater, they have the exact program or whatever flagged. If you are innocent… well, clearly they did not. Right? And who is more likely to complain about a false ban? Someone who knowingly cheated and understands they will not get a reverse… or someone who did not cheat and still believes their account has a chance?

That is just my logic. Maybe I am too naive. But I already know the report system is awful, so I am more inclined to err on the side of caution.

18 Likes

Video of someone “not cheating” means literally NOTHING.

I could record a video of myself not cheating right now and then go and blatantly aimbot for 10 matches and then complain to the forums when I get banned.

Nobody here can help OP or their friend.

Ban waves are the result of Blizzard manually updating their list of known cheats.

9 Likes

No disagreements there, the system is highly flawed and abused so yes innocent players can sometimes be caught out. No system is perfect and I assume the ban-waves have some human interaction with it and as humans, we make many mistakes and so do the stuff we program.

2 Likes

I would be more inclined to believe these reports of false positives, but all these threads of false bans for themselves or their “friends” are people’s first posts on this forum.

8 Likes

Really makes you think, doesn’t it?

I didn’t say anything about a video. All I said was no system is 100% accurate.

2 Likes

Well, the vast majority of Overwatch’s playerbase does not frequent the forums.

5 Likes

Most cheaters hold their hands up and accept it, buy a new account, new cheat programs, and go again. They know what they’re getting into.

Usually we see one, maybe two of these threads after a ban wave, this is getting quite weird in terms of numbers at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizz screwed up on something, it’s not unheard of.

7 Likes