Freezes and framedrops

Hello, I’ve been having a lot of issues since january. At first i had error 0xe00101b0 which was caused by avast and which didnt let me open the game. Then i unistalled the avast, got to windows defender. And every single time i decide to play i am getting freezes that last 5-7 seconds. The screen freezes completely at any point of the game - dying, killing someone, just standing at the spawn and even when the match just starts and im in a hero select window. Freeze happens once or twice during the match. Three days ago i also started noticing framedrops (7-20 frames randomly) and latency increases throughout the whole game. Obviously i started looking for what might have caused this, i added overwatch in the exceptions of windows defendor (thought it might be connected), tested my internet connection (everything is good), and even checked the count in other games such as Apex Legends - no fps drops, no freezes, no latency increases. All the drivers are up to date, i have a good videocard - nvidia geforce rtx 2060 super. I have never experienced such problems with overwatch before, always had stable fps and always had stable latency. Today i even got 1000 latency which caused overwatch disconnecting during competitive. I really cant find a reason for it to be the problem on my end since i basically tried everything. I ,fixed the files, on battle net and even reinstalled the game to steam. I checked my pc for memory issues, for internet problems and for drivers problem and have found nothing. Usually i have 59-60 fps because thats what my monitor supports. I tried optimizing the game with nvidia app, tried changing the settings in game (tried setting the render scale to 150% as it was suggested online and it has changed nothing, even tried to put the max amount of fps on and it still drops the same). I even reinstalled the nvidia app with drivers. No apps on the background opened, no overheating. Please help me
update: so, i tried playing on the laptop and there was the same problem (except i havent noticed the freezes), but after the new season started everything went back to normal - no constant framedrops but freezes still happen - fps goes down to 10 and latency goes up to 150. i still have no idea whats happening… still need help

Did you find a fix? im having the same issue

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I did. Unfortunately in my case i had a very old motherboard and CPU (ddr3). I upgraded pc and freezes with framedrops disappeared. Really didnt want to believe that my pc is outdated at first but then realized that after New Year OW probably updated requirements and thats why it happened after update. oh, and Id also recomment updating BIOS if you havent tried this out yet

for me I have not faced any thing as of now. try and update your drivers

I’m having same problem low fps and stutters since before the last game update. But I have an rtx4080 with great specs, so the problem must be within the game itself

Same… I have a 4090 and an x3d. The game at random points will hitch for a second or two but I can still hear the audio. Only happens in this game.

All drivers are up to date. Been driving me nuts.

I got the same on 9900ks, 1080 ti and 3080 ti. Everything up to date, I haven’t changed anything since the update.