Frame losses on PC

So, the last patch pretty much killed my fps, to where i’m sometimes below 20. Now my comp isn’t good, but I could run it on lowest settings before the patch at 50+. Is anyone else having problems or have a solution?

2 Likes

Same.
The game has become literally unplayable for me due to frame drops.
Apparently the ‘‘optimization’’ patch didn’t get the memo that it was supposed to improve gameplay.

1 Like

My situation is almost identical to yours. QP is frustrating while comp is simply out of the question. I’m hoping we hear back soon on a possible fix.

They are doing a force reinstall of the game, basically taking all the patches and makes is the new base line to help fix bugs and performance issues etc. Not sure when this is happening current it looks like it wont be next tuesday but it might be.
more info here: The next major patch will require a full reinstall
Hopely this will fix most people issues but if have slow internet or really low data cap, this isnt good news.

Same issue here. It seems to come in jumps too. It happened last night out of the blue and it might be fine today. It’s cost me a comp game last night. Not too worried about it but it’s unfair on my team.

I’m on the same boat. I normally get 40-50 fps on lowest settings, but since the last update I get regular FPS drops.

I think it happens every time someone changes characters. It’s frustrating in QP and it makes Mystery Heroes unplayable. I tried reinstalling but the problem remains.

That being said, I think we are far from being the only ones with this issue (from what I’ve seen on this forum, at least). I hope Blizzard takes it into account and does something about this.

My slow internets weeps. :frowning: Oh well, guess I’ll be getting more RDR2 time in while it happens.

I would take the previous patch any day of the week even if the loading times were worse, playing on it was more fun. Tested on both old and new intel cpu architectures (q9505, 2500k, 7600k (edit: 7700k as well)). Based on some reports even an 8700k suffered performance loss.

Finally looking at the thread, good to know I’m not the only one.

Previous patch without an ssd (7200 RPM old samsung) on an old machine felt better than current patch WITH a kingston 120 gb (no other drives attached) (on the same pc, of course)