Frame drops for some reason

Hi I have had multiple sudden frame drops from 150 to 60 it happens randomly and all of this had started like a month ago. All my drivers are up to date. Can I get help?

1 Like

With any PC-related tech issue, please include a DxDiag so members of the community can help you troubleshoot. Otherwise, we’re just guessing.

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message DO NOT shorten it. Instead, post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply, not the entire link because you can’t post those.

While you wait for assistance, I suggest opening the Windows Reliability History tool, which will likely show you what’s happening in the background to cause any errors.

If you don’t want community help (I don’t work at Blizzard) and require staff assistance specifically, you may need to open a ticket.

Sorry for the late reply but here is the link
pastebin(dot)com/HjDET5FX

GPU drivers crashing in background:

Problem signature:
P1: NVIDIA GeForce Experience.exe

Problem signature:
P1: NVDisplay.Container.exe

I recommend removing your GPU drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller, and then installing the updated version from mid-April.

Peripheral and bundled software issues:

Problem signature:
P1: Razer Synapse Service Process.exe

Problem signature:
P1: DellInc.AlienwareCommandCenter_5.2.81.0_x64__htrsf667h5kn2

Please see: Known Technical Support Issues - Updated Oct 13, 2021 - #16 by Drakuloth for info about the Razer issue.

The Alienware software error doesn’t give a reason, so you may need to contact the manufacturer for steps to address this.

I was able to run overwatch at 144 frames and above but suddenly I wasn’t able to run at 144. I would stay at 144 then drop to 75 suddenly. Please help

1 Like

Hey there,

For the most part we are typically unable to troubleshoot most frame rates over the 60 fps target value. However having such a huge drop does raise an eyebrow or two. Lets go ahead and grab a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

pastebin(dot)com/HjDET5FX

Hey again,

Going over the DxDiag I noticed the Alienware Command Center software is throwing errors. I also noticed the Nvidia drivers throwing similar errors. Since both of these can impact system performance we may be able to resolve the FPS drops by fixing the other programs.

1. Temporarily uninstall the Alienware Command Center, or contact Dell for instructions on repairing the program.
  2. Download a fresh copy of the Nvidia drivers.
  3. Use the “Advanced” or “Custom” install method, and check the box for “Clean Install” - Do not change any other options within the driver installation menu.

I do hope the info helps resolve the FPS drops that were happening. If there’s anything else you might need just let us know!

Hi. I have had problems with OW at launch. It overloads processor for 100% and temperature is getting higher than 90 degrees. As a result, game stutters until this overloading goes away and this takes couple of minutes usually. Is there smth I can do?

1 Like