FPS loss when holding Tab to view stats

Issue still happening since, can someone get a clip so that we can provide proof, maybe that’ll get some attention.

1 Like

https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyEsteemedPenguinAsianGlow
https://clips.twitch.tv/StormyCovertElephantBabyRage

I will try to give more videos with these drops until they say something or fix this, and because of my habit of pressing Tab every few secs my gameplay is miserable

2 Likes

Issue still happening as of July 2nd.

1 Like

Yeah my fps gets cut by 2/3 if I hold Tab. -66.6%

Fix Please.

Same, I’m really curious what the cause is for this.

1 Like

Same, I’m only thinking that the amount of entities added with endorsements might be causing it, those little round boxes have a lot of things in them, multiply it by 12, seems like it causes issues, I’m curious actually, someone should try doing an AI game to see if the drop is lesser big because of the fact there would only be 6 endorsement boxes on the sub-menus rather than 12.

2 Likes

Not sure but I think it shouldn’t dip at all. At least it didn’t before the update as I remember

3 Likes

I did a quick trip to the PTR, tried to see if the FPS problem was also still there, and it is. I don’t think it’s on the same level doe between live and PTR, but the issue is still persisting in both servers, I’m also seeing a bunch of my favorite streamers getting major FPS drops to things that shouldn’t have caused any sort of frame lag.

1 Like

i’m pretty much sick of this. why hasn’t it been fixed yet? and more importantly why is no one talking about this on youtube? kafeeeee said on stream multiple times that the game doesn’t feel as smooth anymore and that he’s experiencing sudden fps drops. blizzard it’s been over a week…fix this already

2 Likes

Issue is still around, this is kinda sickening, I can’t get proper info with tabs without making my game unplayable.

1 Like

Bump! Please look into this.

This is from technical support’s subforums, some people said it worked. Only problem is that you are required to have the Windows 10 - 1804 build.

This has also been happening to me, I go from my normal 200 to around 20-40

Windows 10 here, updated, this fix did not solve the problem for me, also i tried pressing TAB on the training camp where no menu appears after pressing the key, however the fps still drops, apparently just happens pressing that specific key.

Can u compare the FPS drops between each modes you’re in, so we can test out and see if it’s worst the more people are in or not.

Also ye, the latest win10 build doesn’t seem to help everyone.

Been having the same problem. I thought it was just me but It’s good to know that there are other people out there experiencing the same problem too

I’ve tried the proposal to fix the issue with the latest build for Windows 10 by setting Overwatch to high performance in graphic settings. It works, but the problem isn’t fixed at all.

Before doing that, every time I’d press tab, I’d lose from 25 to 35 FPS. After doing the suggested fix, every time I press tab, I lose around 10 FPS.

*Before Sym patch, each time I’d press tab, I’d lose less than 5 FPS.
**Playing a match in an AI game makes u lose about 10 FPS without the fix, near to nothing with the fix.
***The problem will persists in future patch if nothing else is getting optimised within the game

1 Like

The fps drops are still there, for now the only way to make it less noticeable is by setting the max fps to 300 so the gap (drop) from max to min is lower, but even like that sometimes it lowers below 60 for a moment and for example fps might be 120 but the game stutter when pressing TAB (only TAB key). So in short, if you use max 300 fps (wich resets when changing quality level) you will not notice much diference, but if you limit the fps at 60 to avoid gpu stress, you’ll definitely see the fps drops and that’s why not everyone “have (see) the problem”.

Edit: the frame gap is about 20 to even 50 (or more) at max fps: 300

1 Like

I really hope they come out with a fix or find whatever is causing it.

This only happens to me when I’m running firefox in the background/other monitor. If I close FF no issues with tab screen, and I think this is something to do with FF. It happened right after the new FF version came out. Can anyone confirm that they are having this issue with chrome or when they are not running any browser?