FPS Drop Driver Issue?

My AMD Drivers automatically updated for my graphics card today, and ever since im only receiving 30 frames when before i would receive 250 to even 300.

It’s possible you’re not using your card anymore, but as using the integrated one. Double check that the AMD card is set as the default GPU.

Well every other game has it working just fine? I believe its only a Overwatch issue. And its immediately after the update.

I’m only familiar with the nVidia control panel, but I’m guessing AMD has a place where you can set the default GPU on a per-app basis?

Ill check into it.
But im pretty positive it cant be cause im still receiving max settings just fine on other games.

From what i can tell from looking at a few other games.
Its picking up my graphics card.
Radeon RX 580 Series
Driver Version: Crimson ReLive 17.7.1 (I downgraded to this hoping it would fix)

I changed to various versions without much changing.

Is it locked at 30 FPS as in its not going any higher or dropping below that? If so I’d make sure that V-Sync is disabled in-game and Radeon Settings. If this is a monitor that supports FreeSync, let’s look into disabling that feature.

Not that issue either.

It can spike to 80 or 120 but then drops 1 second later to 10 then spikes back to 30, and repeats its like awfully bad fps.

Alright then for us to look into it further we’d like to get a DxDiag report. When posting the DxDiag report you’ll want to encase it in a set of ``` (on the tilde key) like so:
```
DxDiag
```
We’ll also want to get an idea of the temperatures on the computer. For that we’ll use HWMonitor. Try playing for one or two rounds then take screenshots of the info in HWMonitor and upload them to an image sharing site like imgur to link here. If you’re unable to post links, you can get past that restriction by formatting it the same as the DxDiag above.

DxDiag
https://pastebin.com/4f64TAMW
hwmonitor
https://imgur.com/a/YuYWbm5

How all did we go about rolling back to the older driver? As the problem persists on the older driver, we’d like to do a clean install with Display Driver Uninstaller and grab the drivers here.

Past that if there’s still issues I’d recommend putting in a ticket here and we’ll be able to look into the issue in more detail.

I am getting 70 FPS on Ultra When i get normally 100-200 So somethings still a bit off but progress was made.
Setting to low and restarting.

With low i was getting 70 FPS same as Ultra
I put fullscreen and was getting 80-100

There still seems to be a issue, but this seems to have fixed some of it.

Also everytime i send a ticket it gives me a error, and doesnt work.
thats why i posted here the first place ^^

I solved why i was capping at 100.

The steps i took to disabling this was
Home -> Radeon settings advisor at the top bar
and disabling Radeon Chill, and Enhanced Sync.

My framerate is back to 220-270 Range it looks.

Mark as solution please. Since others have this issue, and its all because
not removed graphics drivers through Display Driver Uninstaller, and the settings.

It’s obviously not a user side issue, since so many are experiencing fps issues after the patch. I am as well. I’ve done a few of those steps. Still get fps problems. Yes, some of them might have helped (i.e. i might have had fps problems in each comp game i plauyed, now I have every now and then (maybe map dependent)). I don’t know, since I’ve fought with these issues in the past 3 years, resolved them somehow, but now I’m just too tired to fight again.

But either way. It’s not up to users to solve these issues. IT SHOULD WORK FROM THE GET GO.

1 Like