FoxGirl Locked behind paywall (Link in post)

You can check this out for yourself here

https://imgur.com/a/bBAyqUB

or check Prett's post below for a better link.

or Video here

https://youtu.be/szwSJ6T0YTI

This is what the new info says.
“In addition, as a Season One Premium Battle Pass owner you will automatically receive access to Overwatch’s latest hero Kiriko!”

Maybe someone made a mistake in the wording, but as it is this reads like Hero’s are going to be Locked and required to be unlocked. I can understand how this works in other types of games, but for Overwatch this sounds like a bad decision.

Twitter Response;

We still do not know what this means, but if Heroes are unlocked by buying the premium battlepass this still means they are behind a paywall, even if you can unlock them for ‘free’ in the future. All they are saying is they will be available, not that everyone will have equal access. I had no concerns about buying the battlepass myself, but giving battlepass players instant access to heroes that others will have to grind for is not cool, feels scummy, and is bad for the community and game (imo).

Heroes should not be unlocked by buying the battlepass even if you can earn them in other ways. Heroes should always be free and available to everyone at the same time.

72 Likes

Can’t access the link but no lol she won’t be behind a paywall, that’s all fake.

Overwatch isn’t like paladins where you have to pay to get heroes.

8 Likes

Kiriko doesn’t appear on that web page.

1 Like

Wrong link I think, it’s not on the US shop currently

Edit: Wait no it suddenly no longer works…

Edit 2: Got an image of it

10 Likes

I’m guessing someone screwed up, they info was removed. It was up, taken down, then changed back to the old watchpoint info

4 Likes

Should’ve screenshoted it

I did, if I post them is that breaking any rules? I could even make a video of it

if you know how to look at pages in your cache, you should grab a shot of it.

Other times they have put up things they shouldn’t have or tweeted out info that wasn’t cleared yet, people have posted it and it hasn’t been a problem.

So, you should be good.

I still have the page open in a window, I dont want to break any rules though, it has FoxGirls full name listed. But like someone else told me about this, people were talking about it on a twitch stream. So I guess it is not against the rules?

Edit: Someone posted a link above to it

Someone posted a screenshot on Competitive Overwatch Subreddit…

7 Likes

Yup. First thing I did was Ctrl F for Kiriko to see if I was being trolled into reading the whole thing. :joy:

ok bunch of other people are posting links to it, when I made this post I thought this was official info, but then they took the page down and replaced it with the old one. I hope it was a mistake, locking FoxGirl behind a payway is not cool at all.

6 Likes

Are we really surprised at this point? This is the same people who dripped “random” access to the second beta so they could sell more watchpoint packs.

39 Likes

Hey, remember when a few months ago I said the reason they rushed the “sequel” launch was to get rid of Jeff’s promise to never sell heroes or maps, since when it becomes “Overwatch 2” it will be technically a different game?

(EDIT: Found an even earlier comment where I said the same thing.)

I was expecting the paywall hero to appear on season 2, but guess I was right all along.

25 Likes

Kiriko it is.

Now somebody leak her kit please

8 Likes

lmao all the people typing. good job blizzard

If they do that OW2 will be losing its top 1 advantange over the competition, which is to have a bunch of free heroes unlocked at start.

You simply cant in a game like OW have heroes locked behind gameplay time/battle passes, because you want to be swapping in the middle of the match depending on the circunstances.

22 Likes

Yeah I see the other posts now. Looks like Blizz removed it fast.

There’s not a chance in hell that heroes will be paywalled. I’ll eat my own nipples. Most likely the BP will just give you early access to the hero in PTR or QP or something. That’s my guess.

11 Likes

I’ve always maintained that battlepass owners would get a sneak peak at new heroes before they get released to the gen pop.

It would entice battlepass purchase without actually locking behind paywall as the heroes would be free after a couple days/weeks.

4 Likes
  1. Cool that we got the name
  2. It sounds like “legendary” is referring to just getting a skin, not the hero itself

1. Derp, didn’t read the last part. Well then
3 Likes