Forum Player Icon vs In-Game Player Icon

I do not know if this something that is high in the priority list or if this a known issue, but this bug/ issue has been going over ever since the beginning of Overwatch 2

Where if you started off as a player on Overwatch 1, you retain your Overwatch 1 icon here on the forums, despite if your in-game icon is different from what you currently have here on the forums.

Opposed to if you are a new player and started on Overwatch 2, whatever icon you have, I believe got updated here on the forums, but I do believe that those players can not change the icon either. It is defiantly a minor issue, but a reoccurring issue that many have vocalize here on each sections on the forums, which is upsetting.

I have opened up a ticket, but that did not solve the issue.

Made a post on the bug section, but that did not solve the issue.

So what is suggested, as if this issue were to cost Blizzard money, it would get hot-fixed in less than 24 hours, but because it is an minor issue, that does not effect Blizzard in any way, I do not know if the devs are aware of the situation or if it not high on the list to worry about it.

I will open another ticket, but please fix this issue as it SHOULD NOT take this long for this reoccurring issue to be fixed, let alone ignored.

Thank you for taking your time and reading this thread.

1 Like

You used to be able to clear cache or log in/out and it would fix it. It’s a lonnnnggg time issue since before OW2 launched. I am pretty sure these forums are low priority which is why it hasn’t been fixed.

1 Like

Which is sad because if this issue cost them money, like I said, it would get hot fixed almost instantly.