Former BLIZZARD Employee Calls Them Out Over DODGY HIRING PRACTICES!

A former Blizzard Employee of 6 years has taken to Twitter to CALL OUT the company for seemingly rehiring for EXACT roles that were recently vacated as part of the 800 job loses. But they haven’t been offered to the sacked personnel.

so sad blizzard… shame on you!

27 Likes

Enjoy your time off the forums I guess (Aka just don’t get involved)

4 Likes

just let everyone know how blizzard treats their loyal employees…

10 Likes

it’s business. Want fair developement - make indie games alone

15 Likes

so yeah they did great progress on all thair games whit +800ppl… let me tell you… ALL blizzard games are boring and bad atm… look at BFA… look at Diablo LOL! so where is the developement?

This is what happens when you get into bed with Activision.

Screw players, screw passionate developers.

Anything to make more money.

44 Likes

I can already see the type of people that are going to get hired for those positions lol

5 Likes

just tell me what do you think… will they be cheep and easy to manipulate?

1 Like

This is business, yes it can be shady but it is what it is. Life has always been like this, the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. If they want to get rich then they work harder than everyone else.

2 Likes

Sheep, and people willing to work for as little money as possible.

3 Likes

Yeeep.

What probably happened (at least somehwat) is they fired people who had some seniority benefits and/or they felt they were overpaid, but couldn’t legally lower their benefits. So it was cheaper to just fire them, then give the position to someone they can offer far less too.

Similar thing happened with my friend’s mom, actually. She worked at Taco Bell for 19 years. Was months away from getting her retirement and all that. But, you know, over the course of 19 years she’d gained several raises and benefit increases. Thus is the way of things.

So they found a very small infraction and fired her. (It was something stupid, like she clocked in 3 mins late twice in one week or something, I can’t remember exactly).

That left them open to fill her position with someone new, or at least newer, and pay them near half as much.

It’s just a scumbag company tactic. All companies are scumbags, and sometimes I think people forget that Blizzard is, in fact, a company.

15 Likes

Ah yes the age old “bootstraps” philosophy.

4 Likes

Fixed that for you. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Activi$$$ion wanted Esports out of the two freshly made game: OW and HotS and here are the results. For the others, new expansions/DLC’s with new features to the old games (BFA, D2: Forsaken) to make an Activision layer on every Blizzard game.

1 Like

It has been proven to work, it just takes tenacity to do so. When your down you have to get up and keep on going. The would isn’t like Sisyphus.

That works too

It’s always shady, as if the game is stacked in favor of those at the the top. It’s almost as though the system requires an underclass. It, as they say, isn’t a bug, but rather a feature.

1 Like

I wonder if the starcraft forums get these threads too…considering this literally has nothing to do with the overwatch dev team

1 Like

Yes, the system does require an “underclass”
That underclass also expands often.

so overwatch is made by bluehole or Ubisoft?

1 Like

Isn’t that the gist of the problem? The top of the pyramid holds more of the wealth each year while the underclass continuously expands. You’re not supposed to get ahead; the system is designed to prevent that from happening.

3 Likes