Forced loss/win streaks

of cos theres forced lose/win streaks… how else you expect someone to get addicted to the game… then make money off their “sales” … Read a fn book for once.

That actually makes alot of sense, being that while it isn’t much the coins are never flat and have 2 different images on each side.

LFG has never been dead but most casual players want to play alone without grouping up with anyone. This is why they want a role queue (even though it can solve much less problems than LFG).

MMR is very likely to be a complex data structure that contains various things/stats needed for matchmaking. The average player obviously needs something much simpler.

I just came off a pretty bad losing trend where I went from >2900 to <2400. The team comps were often terrible and it felt like a lot of games were lost at the hero select screen. I realised I was trying to get decent team comps by asking people to switch (which they mostly did) and myself switching to heroes which synergise better with the rest of the team. That approach clearly wasn’t working. I then changed my tact to “Meh, whatevs, just let people play what they’re good at and have fun” and I started winning again. 2 off tanks, 3 dps and 1 healer? Sure why not? Win. I went up ~160 SR in 8 games. It’s all about the attitude.

Ahhhh, if you’re losing more SR than you’re winning then you’re not playing to the level you should be at that SR (I.e. you don’t deserve to climb so stop complaining). Yesterday when I was climbing quickly I averaged +7 SR for a win/loss combo. Probably because I’d dropped so far that I was playing a fair amount better than the average player at that SR. Now that I’m closer to where I actually belong I’m sure the SR I win/lose will even out.

I decayed from 3600 to 3000 can’t even get out of 2700-2800 now. But hey, it works great! Not

Ahahaha, you’ve entered the super weird twilight zone of matchmaking. Decayers with a few loses + smurfs/alts make the area bizarre.

Now bear with me, you are actually in MMR heaven, not hell. Upper plat is where you can play any character, not worry about 2/2/2 or any meta, and still have a huge impact and win games. If you can be chill about the lower rank than you’ve had before, you will have the funnest Overwatch games you’ve ever had.

I find them rather nervewracking, hell even met a griefing/throwing “2 characters in top 500” guy who supposedly went 25/1 on my team then threw a tantrum when he wasnt getting enough healing, and noone to kill the tracer.

That will happen, the magic spell is to tell them you’ll pocket them with whichever healer they want, as long as they play x.

Make x the most weird pick you can for the game at hand. No matter the rank, you are going to lose once someone is tilted enough to throw, but if you can make the team have some fun (mostly yourself) you won’t care about the loss.

Yesterday a game started salty, no one wanted to be 2nd healer so the tanks both swapped to healer. So with 3 healers the rest wanted to be silly and we ended up all healers. 6 healers actually was a lot closer than we thought, and everyone was trying to make it work and having fun - once the opponents got past point 2 pushing the payload our team went to a good 2/2/2 based on counters and almost held. On attack we made a good team comp and rolled the entire distance, then won in the second round.

1 Like