For those who've been here since around launch

I joined mid S3. Early S4 was peak overwatch.

Season 4, just before Mercyā€™s rework. Dive was meta, where most of the hero roster was viable. Mercyā€™s mass rez felt oppressive with the invuln, but it was objectively balanced.

The game went downhill from Season 5.

6 Likes

That patch around October (?), actually I have no idea when it was, but where they undid a lot of unneeded buffs.

season 3-4 and recently season 23 before bap got buffed

1 Like

Donā€™t have a number for you, but the period when Mercy was just reworked and was OPAF for around 6 months or so.

Yeah, Mercy was a must pick in every skill range, but the sheer amount of characters that were enabled by her mere presence was staggering. Pro play had the most roster diversity in OW history, and it was hard to point at any hero and say they were bad picks.

The only reason it was not a perfect balance period was because Mercy was mandatory.

Had the most fun for a monthā€¦

Then Nerfs and reworks happened

RIP Sym Support

Been playing since Season 4 (I was Bronze back then lol), so I canā€™t relaly say.

What I do know, is that I miss Mass Rez and Scatter Arrow.

Along with Armor packsā€¦

and Shield Generatorsā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, she was super annoying to play against then. I wish theyā€™d have just toned her back some and kept every other hero as they were.

:eyes: :grimacing:

Been playing since Open Beta, and Iā€™d say Seasons 3-4 were a great time.

Mass Rez. Symmetra 2.0. D.Va quite a beastly glass cannon.

Iā€™ll never forget late-2016/2017 OW :alien:

Itā€™s a big part of the reason why I have a Hanzo golden bow right nowā€¦

It was ok, donā€™t know how i would like it now old mercy with mass rez seems weaker than current mercy with valk

1 Like

Definitely Season 4, everyone was experimenting and playing everything.
People were still trying Season 3 triple tank, others drifted away because of Ana nerfs and started trying different things, dive was slowly gaining ground, people started trying Mercy because of the invincibility while rezing buff.
Overall pretty good times.

They were all bad in their own way but earlier seasons at least had metas that were around the same for all ranks.

Whatever season doomfist came.

All I remember when doom joined was that dive was alive, my new main was in the game, and all was well.

Thatā€™s true

But you got free potg and you were on fire, felt amazing

Do you even get on fire with current mercy?

Yeah, but itā€™s hard.

1 Like

For more than 10 seconds?

Season 2, right before Dive took over. It was dominated by a meta where 2/2/2 fought against 3 tank soldier and 4 tank ana/lucio.

Season 5 was probably the most balanced in my opinion. It was also my first proper Season of Ranked (I had played about two games in Season 3, and hung around 800 Bronze in Season 4), and I managed to climb from 600 Bronze to 2000 Gold within those three months.

I could definitely be a bit biased, though, because of how low I was. Anything you could play well was the meta in Bronze/Silver back in 2017. That said, Sym/Torb/Bastion comps were so common on Defence maps and that wasnā€™t balanced at all lol.

Yeah potg are lame for mercy and in general, be cool if bliz changed ptog into a highlight montache of the match sounds complicated. Thing to compare it to would be how the game ā€œSplit/Secondā€ hypes up the next set of races. Replace that with some cinema like replay montache would be neat. cause highlighting 1 multi kill in the grand scheme of things is kind of lame. would rather see a scoreboard.

1 Like