For Once it didn't go live

For once something really dumb was stopped from goingg live with the PTR.
I salute you Reaper mains. your hero is being treated with care and I wish you all the best.
Shame other heroes can’t get similar care put into them while they’re on the PTR

85 Likes

Which bit didn’t go live? Was it the spread change?

1 Like

yeah should have copy pasted the response
but yes it was acknowledged by Jeff that the change wasn’t what they intended and informed us that they were going to rebalance the spread on the next PTR change

1 Like

Nice! It’ll be good for Reaper players if they get it right. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What do you mean? They largely do this with PTR changes. Its not like this is the first time they’ve fixed something before sending it to live.

14 Likes

agreed, let’s hope they can fix this, I for one would love reaper to feel more consistent when I try playing him. even just increasing his effective range by a handful of meter’s would be good at this point

He is so high risk high reward that he should be consistent and smooth.
This is great.

4 Likes

Just a cheeky comment about how Mercy 2.0 was shoved to live even though any amount of care should have dictated not to even let it through internal testing
oh and the Hanzo changes. oh and Doomfist. and all the other non sense that’s made it through

8 Likes

Yay, hopefully they can fix Bastion soon too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wish they did fixed symmetra’s primary fire before it went live because presently it’s terrible against armor while it’s ironically intended to be good against tanks/shields.

Also there was another time with lucio changes where they fixed them.

1 Like

If they keep it, it woudl be the complete opposite of a buff, no?

1 Like

Papa bless

Yes, it would have been a nerf past 6.3m.

Didn’t they reverted some Ana nerfs on PTR in the last as well?
And did they not lessen the nerfs of Sombra on PTR a bit as well.

Its soo great to see that Reaper’s spread will be addressed. He deserves it.

5 Likes

This is really good but kinda sad at the same time. Like it really shows the devs are trying to work things out but at the same time kinda feels like they only know how to balance the game in terms of numbers and theoretical stuff without actually knowing it s impact in terms of actual gameplay :frowning:

1 Like

Document this moment, for it is the first time in over two years they listened to feedback on the PTR and changed something accordingly that wasn’t just a bug.

Actually-

They also didn’t go through with some Lucio changes.

5 Likes

PTR is for testing not balance.

Lucio’s speed reduction. Beat you to it by a couple of months.

so 2 stupid things get stopped in several monthes while the game goes down the toilet for the past year. GG