For everyone who is freaking out about the hero-pools

That is what Jeff wrote:

Yeah… I’m taking what he said with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

It’s not that suprizing tbh cause this always happens when they bring some new additions to the game. Regardless if it was new system/new hero.

2 Likes

I don’t think they want to remove it only because they really seem confident in this system.

They said the same about Mercy, then they said they weren’t changing it back despite her hilariously breaking the game.

Never trust that they will revert any change. They do sometimes so it’s not like an outright lie or anything like that.

But Blizzard doesn’t do reverts often, instead choosing to change things to make their ideas work.

You should work under the assumption that this change will come back until they say otherwise imo.

3 Likes

Honestly I have no problem with the heroes having a nice place to take a dip and cool off. Keeps them healthy!
As long as no one pees (or oils) in the pool, it should be cool.

I’d take it at face value. Look at it this way, because OW2 is happening they may have more flexibility to make radical changes in the current version of the game.

They can use experiments in the current version to inform the OW2 design. And if they screw up OW1 a little in the process no biggie, because future profits are in OW2.

1 Like

Doesn’t sounds like a bad thing in my ears.

1 Like

I am just confused as to whether we will be testing different bans during the season or if we will only adjust it for the season after the next. I guess the theme is fast changes, so… I guess if the first week or so fails… We can try faster or slower? No clue.

Well Season 21 makes the game dead for me

I like to play 3-4 characters (1 Tank, 2 DPS, 1 Heal) while I hate to play others.
Hero Bans will reduce the set of available characters.
With Hero Bans I have to check each week which character is banned and then decide if I play Ovewatch this week or not.

I play in a group with 4 other players and each of us has a limited set of favour heros. As a resulf ot his the hero from one of us is banned each week. As a group we wount be able to play within season 21.

I can not change the game, I can only change my behavior.
As a result I will not play within season 21 and have a look for different games.
So no more lootboxes and goodby overwatch.

If course it doesn’t matter if I play or not but we will see how many people will play within season 21.

As a suggestion to Blizzard for season 22:
If you want to make the meta change more often why don*t you add a debuff to the character currently within the hero ban. The debuffed character may do 10% less damage/healing this week, take 10% more damage, etc.
This could effekt the high ranked meta without impacting the lower end to much.

To me either. Taking advantage of a huge player base to partially alpha test some mechanics seems pretty smart.

I honestly didn’t expect to see anything new added to OW1 after the release announcement for OW2. I’m pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

Zzz not everything is about Mercy.

They literally said they are going to be open to reverting changes more often now in today’s Dev update and they’ve been doing exactly that all month (Reverting Reaper’s lifesteal, Bap’s gun buff, even reverting changes halfway or fully before they go from PTR to live, etc.)

Pessimism isn’t attractive

People aren’t used to the new quick acting balance that Jeff wants to do more of so it’s only natural people are skeptical.

Didn’t state that it was, it was an example of them making that type of statement before

Doesn’t mean I trust them to revert a major change that must have taken months to develop rather than iterate on it.

1 Like

Jeff also said once it hits PTR they generally want it in the game in some form. This is just skipping PTR and going right to live.

2 Likes

I think saying you’re open to getting rid of it if it doesn’t work shows that they are open to it being a bad decision. So even if they are confident in the system they understand it could be bad.

I said I don’t think

Yea I read it, thanks