Footsteps are gone

At first I thought it was only me, then saw a few mentions of it in the forums. After that I started paying attention to streams more and even there Reapers and Mcrees had no footsteps, what is up with this game rn?

30 Likes

All of the footsteps are stuck in the DPS queue. Just be patient.

32 Likes

I got flasbanged/fan the hammered by a McCree yesterday and said ā€œWow, canā€™t believe I didnā€™t hear those damn shoes!ā€. So it wasnā€™t me being deaf at allā€¦

8 Likes

either that or theyā€™re busy chasing Josuke

yes r/unexpectedjojo i know

7 Likes

Blizzard quality?

9 Likes

ā€œAnd they say blizzard games donā€™t have bugsā€
-Anubā€™arak Warcraft III

3 Likes

Maybe they crouch towards you?

Experiencing the sameā€¦ the sound is getting worse with every patch.
Overwatch is the only FPS game where someone can walk right next to me, and I wouldnā€™t know.

17 Likes

Was checking my flanks, left and right, making sure no one was behind me or in the room. Boom, dead by a Reaper.

At first I thought he had shadow stepped or something, nope. He had walked up behind me, without a single sound to him.

This is standard Blizzard though, fix one thing and break 10 things.

4 Likes

Blizzard polish at its finest omegalul

1 Like

Thank god someone else is noticing it. Not only footsteps, but sometimes voicelines too, like sombra decloaking. I use studio headphones, so pretty sure is a problem with track layers, mixing, or sound propagation algorhytm. It happens since they changed the audio priority, but after the last patch footsteps/voicelines from behind are sometimes completely silent (even in the deathcam, and no, they are not crouching).
This gameā€™s audio is too important to be that buggy.

17 Likes

Yes!! Reaper is silent af!!!

2 Likes

Reaperā€™s is completely gone. Itā€™s kinda unfair imo. He can just surprise you and for most characters itā€™s already too late. I know heā€™s really bad but taking away his footsteps is not a good stealth buff

3 Likes

Should we just have like coconut clapping noises for flankers just for the memes?

2 Likes

Reapers footsteps have been bugged since his changes. you mostly just hear his random grunts. Aka for a very long time.

Cree I havent particularly noticed but now that I think about it, i think youre right, I just kinda assumed there was something overpowering them to my ear.

Im not sure if the voice line is actually buggy or what, but I honestly cant remember if she had range on it since forever or not, but the voice line and sound doesnt trigger unless she decloaks within 15 meters of you (thats Moira/Mercy range and less than Zaryas beam even 20 meter range for reference). I just kinda assumed that was why Im hearing her translocator sounds and voice lines than her leaving stealth.

You unlocked Zenyatta mode.

4 Likes

I died ulting as Sigma, couldnā€™t understand why. Turned out the enemy Soldier had ulted as well, but it couldnā€™t even be heard in the recording.

4 Likes

Yep, lately one of the common quote in voice chat is
wait, did you hear him/her ult?
Thankfully the ultimate ones are much rarer.

3 Likes

So thatā€™s what it was! I was thinking about how weird everything felt for some reason last time I played but couldnā€™t figure out exactly what was missing from the gameplay :thinking:

2 Likes

Unlisted buffs.

They have Dr. Scholl Gel Insoles.

1 Like