Focus on your own gameplay, not your team

No, I was a GM who went on his account in Silver.

1 Like

I’m sorry but I call bs, if he actually had a 72% winrate he would climb, unless you got evidence my guy you’re making this up, if I won 72% of my games I would hit Masters in no time

3 Likes

Yeah, if he was going up anywhere near what he was going down. It was like 12 per win and -27 per loss. He was climbing, but at like 3/4 SR/10 games.

Same, I’ve never seen this outside of my friend. At least on this scale.

The only information I can give that I think is relevant is the fact that he was gold in season 2, didn’t play until 18, was placed silver and moved incredibly slowly.

See this is the important fact here you didn’t mention, he has uncertainty around his MMR, given enough time this would fade and essentially he would gain/lose “normal” amounts of SR and climb, I won’t deny that particular this part of the system isn’t great, but what most people don’t realise is that you do need to sink some time in to get to your “true rank”, and there isn’t really a system possible to get around that

Like if you have a 51% winrate, after 100 games you’ll only have a net gain of 50 SR give or take and that’s not taking into account PBSR for lower ranks

But if you are better than your rank you will climb given enough time, the system isn’t without its flaws but it does work well enough

2 Likes

You’d think. Apparently ~60 games wasn’t enough, and only a further ~35 at 90% winrate only just broke it. 30 hours of continuous gameplay is a bit slow, and a real good example of how bonked the system can be. Not everyone can dedicate hours upon hours to the game.

Remember, this was just until the game stopped handicapping his account. He still had the usual tonnes of games just to move around afterwards.

True, but it needs to be realistic. It’s not like we have infinite time to work with.

2 Likes

This is what I needed to hear. Currently 0/4 despite being super positive, only person making call outs, having gold medals. It feels ridiculously rough. But I believe.

I’ll agree on focus on your own game play mainly because it’s the only thing you have any control over. I won’t say the games are rigged, on purpose, but more so on a by product of bad “mathing” when calculating the overall team SR. Getting a game with a 1silver, 1gold tank vs 1gold, 1 plat tank, that silver is at a great disadvantage and due to the tank role also puts the team at a disadvantage. It’s not necessarily a forced loss but I call it a bit of questionable match making (and a by product of a shallow player pool?).

I’ve had games we won 5v6 because the worst player left which actually balanced the teams out. Is that a forced loss if they hadn’t left or were the 5 of us suppose to carry them to their forced win?

1 Like

post a VOD, ill deep dive for free and point out why that statement is false

3 Likes

I’ll ok save you time, just ask Abdullah.

The last time someone threw on my team we still won. Had to do the code to verify the claim.

1 Like

or dont accept help, thats fine, saves me time

3 Likes

I see you know how exactly matchmaking works :smiley:

3 Likes

I double it. I made from bronze to gold in couple hours, 100% winrate.
GM player with 72% win rate in silver? Absolute BS

2 Likes

Now try this as mercy in bronze and try to win 90% of your games.

The game is not rigged. But it requires more effort to climb out of in certain ranks and in certain role/hero.

But I do agree that instead of complaining, people should be looking for solutions. Which are things like practicing more, upgrading your gears (144Hz monitor, gaming mouse, mousepad), fixing your bad internet, switching to a hero that has higher solo carry potential etc.

2 Likes

No seriously, you can ask rhain/calc or Abdullah if a vod exist where I wasn’t the least value able person on the team.

I’m always looking for vods, but you never know what you discover when going thru. Just when your kicking yourself you seriously find possibly something worse is happening.

1 Like

To be fair, I can’t discredit Kaawumba’s post. His research and knowledge of the actual match maker is deeper than any of the rigging sect’s (to date).

And in reading what was referenced, I can honestly admit my statement is not in line with the provided information.

That said, as many have always said, until the Devs come and confirm any of the information, its all just speculation.

This whole paragraph is pretty much all that matters.

His research is extensive and well documented. But not 100%.

1 Like

I see he didnt describe old neat leaver bug which leaves enemy team with no SR gain and you without SR penalty :smiley:

1 Like

Its not perfect. But its extremely thorough.

1 Like

Pretty neat, but I disagree with him in one particular thing:
I believe (From my smurfing and rank gaining experience) that win/lose doesnt affect your MMR, not directly at least.
And it actually says there in hist post from Kaplan’s quote that wining/losing might not move your MMR.

2 Likes

I don’t really smurf. But there’s a few dudes on here who have and talk a lot about not losing SR because of MMR/PBSR.

Which makes a lot of sense right?

The point is for the game to push great players out of low elo.

2 Likes

If you think that working on improving yourself and becoming better is “kicking yourself”, then you probably have the wrong mindset which is why I am not surprised why you focus on your teammates

1 Like