Whos the most flawed/broken heroes?

More patches/updates

1 Like

pharah - horrible character design

hanzo - do I even have to say why

10 Likes

Bastion. Either OP or useless.

7 Likes

the game isnt mirror so there are gonna be counters that are pretty skewed and heroes that are fundamentally easier to learn than others. i rank by annoying and the most annoying hero to me is roadhog since cheap one-kills, lucio just being annoying in general and hammond who knocks me all over the place. not saying that they are flawed its just the game is overwatch and not counter-strike

flawed: doomfist

broken: hanzo

5 Likes

A bad hero will be unplayable, and naturally won’t cause upset. A bad and viable hero is an actual issue.

Basion is rather easy to deal with most of the time, so I can’t put him here, but the worst are Widow/Hanzo. Only a single shot is not a large enough sample-size to accurately determine skill.

Nothing feels more uncomfortable as facing a Hanzo.

4 Likes

Bastion , he doesn’t really fit in the game to well. Hes supposed to represent an extreme. Trading movement for extreme damage but it’s useless now a days since you have dps characters like echo, widow, hanzo, junk who are all capable of reaching similar damage peaks without all the movement or vulnerability trade offs. If they wanna keep him in the game they gotta give him a better way to reposition other than his ult. And make his recon mode capable of fighting off dives. I love playing the character but what’s the point of designing a character Around an extreme if you are just going to introduce characters that can do what that characters capable of doing anyway.

4 Likes

Reinhardt - Broken for 99% of the playerbase and the only way to counter him is by playing Rein as well.
Symmetra - TP is just awful design.

1 Like

It’s not like a single shot is winning them the game. If they are consistently clicked heads through the game, clearly they are skilled.

So what? ‘But she hits some headshots’ isn’t a response to ‘she doesn’t hit enough to demonstrate skill’.

Other heroes have to demonstrate the same, often more mechanical skill than she does, and mechanical skill is like 95% of her skillset.

People have this obsession with ‘but head small, therefore skill’ as if that’s anything but a 4head take. Fundimentally; smaller hitbox requires more trials to determine skill, more trials means more shots, more shots means less damage. The exact opposite to the crit-hit most games have. It’s banking on RNG, not skill.

Nonsensical: Brig 2.0, Moira, Sombra 2.0, Sym 2.0, Sym 3.0, Mei, Doomfist
Overtuned: Brig 2.0, Ana, Ashe, D.va, Hanzo 2.0, Laser Soldier, Junkrat, Pharah, McCree, Tracer, Reinhardt
Broken: Baptiste, Valk Mercy, Echo, Launch Widow
Abominations: Sigma, Brig 1.0

Nonsensical list are heroes whose kits make no logical sense in OW and need role reworks. Moira is the exception who’s kit is simple and just plain redundant.

Overtuned list are overpowered heroes that could be fixed by reworks, reverts, or massive nerfs.

Broken list are overpowered heroes that mog their role counterparts. Their kits are overloaded with too many abilities that enable them to accomplish more than other heroes could with even less effort. Are also able to cheat death. They require reworks or massive nerfs. Launch Widow is the exception here: The ability to chain quick one-shots easier than any sniper in any video game ever until her scoped-charge damage nerf speaks for itself.

The Abominations are absurdly broken heroes that never should have made it into the live game, and when they did should have been eventually disabled and reworked entirely. These heroes shattered pre-existing power boundaries that previous heroes adhered to. Could effectively perform the roles of two heroes while playing as one.

1 Like

Yea I’m not having this “widow takes no skill” conversation.

Symmetra

She wants what’s best for the world, but her devotion to her work and distrust of all risk-taking has set up a barrier between herself and the people she wishes to serve. Her flaws and need for perfection has hurt many, but her meeting with Zenyatta has helped her overcome this hurdle somewhat. A newfound appreciation for the ancient and the Iris, as she finally allows herself to be vulnerable, accept the imperfect.

I look forwards to seeing how her character will develop in OW2. More character flaws front and centre that the cast has to struggle to overcome.

That’s what you meant, right?

1 Like

Okay, me neither. Nobody mentioned that and if that’s what you’re trying to strawman my argument as, then it ain’t it, chief.

Genji doesn’t have enough cute skins of him before he got burnt alive by his bro, that’s a big flaw.

Also, Dva doesn’t have enough sassy voicelines

We also need young sigma

And also? Shirtless 76. All of these lackings are flaws

You literally said widow and hanzo bank on rng not skill. No straw man when you said that yourself.

The problem with that mostly comes from the fact current game has 2 tanks one usually with shields you should always be behind. Hanzo takes less skill, but fighting a Widow (edit, good widows who can sometimes work around the shields) without lots of cover, movement, or the range gap being closed, is just asking for trouble.

As I’ve pointed out before, usually the Widows that slow way the heck down are the good ones, because they understand her role. Mechanical skill isn’t so much important with widow as map knowledge and patience… but more often then not you won’t see the average player show that kind of skill, and the meh widows you’re talking about mostly become an issue when you’re not applying real world Tank fighting tactics. Don’t be seen, don’t be hit, don’t be penned, don’t be killed. Most characters have the ability to use this method. I see “good” Widow’s and I pick Phara to bully them like the Airforce bullies Isis snipers, and they learn real quick that she isn’t really as good of a hero as people believe

I don’t agree with Moira, Symm 2.0, Mei and maybe Doomfist

Moira was created for support players to deal with flankers and its what she is doing fine, her design has clear weaknesses and strenghts as it should be. She also isn’t erasing flankers and heroes with consistent damage just by existing unlike Brigitte.

Symm 2.0 was a concept off a supp without healing but with strong utility - extreme zoning, overhealth and map-range TP. She was a threat against burst damage with overhealth and was kind of counterplay to ultspam with TP.

Mei is healthy tankbuster with lack and threat against aggressive tanks. Her tankbusting " ability " is also has a weakness - cast time & range unlike cough cough Hanzo, Echo cough cough

Doomfist…ugh…maybe he could be fine if power from punch was pushed into other abilities ?