Flashpoint is awful... please redesign or remove

Flashpoint is worse than 2cp and push combined. I literally leave every single flashpoint game I get. I do not care.

43 Likes

Why is it worse, why do you leave, will the humanity know the answers?

16 Likes

2 days and already you hate it? I’ve only played flash point 3 times.

7 Likes

because the game mode is almost all running for minimal fighting and the maps are all swiss-cheese designs. They’re terrible.

I’ve played it 2 times. I’ve left the map about 12 times now.

14 Likes

But that is kinda the point of it. So it’s not overly predictable on how to play a map, what the best or standard positions are. Linear maps get boring after a few hundred hours.
I applaud this change but let’s see how will it affect the game.

21 Likes

Lol… swiss cheese maps ruined COD. This is proven by revenue generation of their swiss cheese map iterations of the game. It’ll be wiped and re-worked. It’s not fun. It’s not engaging. It’s just a run to die simulator.

5 Likes

nah, it’s the most fun I’ve had in ages. Keeps the fights dynamic. Once people are more familiar with the maps it’ll play differently, then we’ll see if the maps work or not.

5 Likes

Wrong. The three lane only philosophy ruined COD. COD had no variety for years and years till MW came out and showed us they remembered how to design actual maps again

1 Like

Then you should probably try experiencing new things and new hobbies… because its not.

I mean… feel free to look up sales on their 3 lane VS swiss cheese games :man_shrugging: Modern Warfare had an insane amount of swiss cheese maps lmao… not sure what you THINK you’re remembering, but its not MW

1 Like

Agreed im leaving all flashpoint maps this is not good overwatch

6 Likes

My experience has been the opposite of yours. Low travel time to objective, lots of varied fights. Very fast paced. Between points is where it gets hectic as both teams race eachother to the point and try to get some picks on the way.

1 Like

Bro my 2nd match I ran 115m to the objective. Most of my run-back distances were 70m+

That’d be fine if you’re playing a high mobility hero, but they are limited, especially tanking wise, because if you’re hard countered, you basically just feeding.

The spawn points need to be closer for that game mode to work. They tried to rip-off “hardpoint” from COD and executed it poorly.

3 Likes

They design gamemodes only thinking about highly mobile heroes like Soldier, Tracer etc.

Because there’s no way they’d have released push and flashpoint if they were thinking about Zen or Ana. You spend more time walking back to the point than you do on the point.

15 Likes

As always this community shows the worst

4 Likes

As always, the trolls come out to play. Shoo, fly.

3 Likes

Because he has a valid opinion i too heavily dislike the mode. Quite frankly its the worst mode they have made they could have kept it

10 Likes

Would rather play Paris and HLC than flashpoint. Worst mode they released by far. Literally koth with 10x worse maps (nothing but choke points) and with match time padded by terrible spawns.

11 Likes

Speak for yourself I have been having a blast in the chaotic brawl, especially as junkerqueen.

I entered this thread thinking the same thing… the mode just released. The maps are huge. I’ve played 4 flashpoint games and maybe seen only half of what is on offer in those maps.

I’m hoping if enough people enjoy it that 2CP may eventually return

2 Likes

I disagree. I think its good, maps are great. Much better than push.