Fix your awful servers before suspending anyone for leaving games

I got dc from comp today. So I did a speedtest:

PING: 32ms
DOWNLOAD: 4.06 Mbps

(I did the test twice)

Internet works fine everywhere else. No one else is using internet in my household. I even won a deathmatch game just before that with 50ms latency.
(I was playing for 2 hours with 50-60 ms)
The moment I go on competitive 5000ms (on support so pretty much no queue time).
Steam was fine. Chrome was fine. Speedtest showed no issue on my side. The issue comes from battle.net and from overwatch.
So before 'adjusting their penalities on leavers", they should take a good look at their servers.

3 Likes

I agree that their servers are definitely sus AF, but I’d argue more than 1/2 of DC’s from games are intentional…

Crazy, I haven’t had a dc due to blizzards end of things since role queue beta season. But you’ve had enough to be worried about being suspended? Seems like the issue is on your end

2 Likes

Speedtest only gives potential bandwith, this does not indicate internet stability.

Ethernet or Wifi?

2 Likes

Good for you and you never had any internet issue either so you don’t know what it’s like.
Because I can dc and try to come back and don’t be able to because you’re only allowed to try to connect to their servers once per minute. It’s close to impossible to lag out of a competitive game and come back.
And then they put the blame on leavers, that’s so dumb.

Who should they blame then?
You’re the one having a technical malfunction.

The match is simply ruined for others with a leaver.

1 Like

I’ve done it a number of times over 3+ years. My success rate is 100%. Seems very possible to me.

2 Likes

Blizz servers a absolute garbage. I could play hours of Qp with no issue then see so many disconnects and leavers in comp and the penalties are ridiculous. FIX YOUR SERVERS!!! Yes Im mad., Blizz can kiss my a$$.

1 Like