Fix the sounds already

Doomfist coming charging without making much noise at all. All I could hear was genji’s footsteps(Who was nowhere to be found anywhere close to me) and doomfist charging it up somewhere very muted, making it sound like as if he was somewhere else on the map than behind me.

Like, really? Fix the sounds maybe?

3 Likes

They commented on this in the AMA.

Apparently, it’s not easy to fix the sound problems and they are looking at a few solutions as there isn’t 1 single fix.

5 Likes

Yes - I have been ambushed way to often by Doom, McCree, Hog, even Brig due to the screwy sound mixing.

1 Like

Its funny how you can walk behind someone and tap his shoulder and still he doesnt turn hia head. Esports ready

Half of the time you can’t even hear people walking in this game. It’s just as if the steps are muted for you.

1 Like

Yes - i don’t care if ‘the bug is hard’, your revenues are in billionsfix it.

Yeah, just to translate what this come across as practically.

“I don’t care if millions of people are playing this game each with their own ideas of what is broken, and that you have explained clearly that you are working on it, the holding company that owns Blizzard that makes Overwatch makes billions. Regardless of whether additional money would make a difference to speed of the ‘fix’, which you have told me doesn’t have one solution, I want you to fix MY problem out of the millions RIGHT NOW.”

Not sure why confirming they are working on it isn’t enough for you.

Because it literally is a core problem in the game affecting just about everyone whether they realize it or not, and its been going on for about six months or so.

People are scoring elims and getting into position because of what amounts to a major bug which is directly affecting game play. From an audio perspective, this is equal to literally a player walking up on you invisibly. Sound is a major cue and used in play in this game, a bug like this has a lot of impact and frankly undercuts the ability to play fairly.

Me every time:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/042/619/4ea.jpg

1 Like

silence

Sombra (decloaking): !!!¿LOOKING FOR ME?!!!

Im glad Im not the only one having audio issue

It’s been this way for a long time, hopefully they find a way to fix it. Maybe giving sounds a priority list on how loud they are? I feel like it’s been long enough where this is a major fix they have to be working on. Blizzard is slow but they aren’t this slow…

I have suffered from it too and I’m not belittling how much it affects our experience as players.

I’m just saying, 2/10 posts say the sky is falling unless something is fixed.

And they have had past fixes for some audio problems - so it’s clear they have been trying.

There are a few times I haven’t heard a high moon despite having excellent headphones - and that is an ultimate.

I hope they fix it soon just like you but I was happy to hear that they’ve been trying different things.