Fix D'va please. I'm not having much fun

So it seems for some reason they made D’va incredibly weak since the last time i played.

She is literally the only hero i play and i can definitely feel a difference. Damage output is extremely low and due to the fact that defense matrix is almost useless now since the last nerf she has almost no potential as a tank.

Oh and apparently now we have a healer that gets up in D’va face and just pummels her to death and she can survive close range encounters incredibly easily. Weird. A healer, is out tanking a tank. Not sure how this balanced anything.

Defense Matrix isn’t very effective because it soaks up only a tiny amount of damage before you can use it again. But that was fine because you gave her missiles and she could generally attack in between soaking up damage and usually take out her opponent.

Micro Missiles were great. They gave her a small amount of burst that helped with her lackluster primary fire, which is only effective at a close range and involved quite a bit of risk. Never was a encounter a sure thing. Miss the missles and Hanzo or Reaper or Zarya or Moira or Sym, or Soldier, Junkrat… The list goes on. All can very easily de mech D’va and win against her. I’m not at a pro level and i never intend to be, so yea i don’t always win. I assume thats most of us out there unless only pros read the forums.

Reaper has always been a issue because he can self heal and damage output on him doesn’t do much when hes hitting you. Then he can run away and get a heatlh pack. Hit him with missiles and you had a chance. Otherwise you probably lost your mech.

Zarya was a challenge but shes beatable if you were to time her bubbles and hope she wasn’t charged. The missiles gave you a chance if you were able to hit them. Now not so much.

Junkrat of all the heroes has incredibly high “burst potential” hit you with a few shots and your mech is gone. Doesn’t even have to aim. Weird.

And now we have Bridgette. So shes a healer? But seems to just be running around swinging her mace with tons of armor being dished out. Making it even HARDER to kill things. She can stun D’va. Attack without losing seemingly any health even when you shoot right at her. Has a shield that can block my Ultimate. And soaks up quite a bit of damage. Or i guess would if any could be dealt. She seems quite unbalanced. I’m sure even with D’vas prior damage output she’d still be a issue.

So yea D’va is easily killed. Easily demeched. She isn’t some damage goddess. Never was. She can’t really shield much damage. She was always just able to get up in the face of the enemy and kill them if played properly. Pick your targets go after the squishy stuff that isn’t paying attention to you and you probably prevail.
Never did i feel like i was going to win any encounter. Never did i feel overpowered. D’va has always been fun to play. Shes mobile. Shes cute, and shes FUN. But this competitive season i’m having much less fun. This doesn’t feel balanced. It feels devastating. I’m still going to play her and always will no matter what. But wow how about actually doing things right. Hurting a hero just because people complain is silly.

Plenty of heroes i don’t like but that doesn’t mean they should be stripped of their utility just to appease people.

4 Likes

Dva is weak?! ROFLMAOLUL I’m ded

9 Likes

Dva is still the strongest tank in overwatch, in possible contention with Reinhardt now that Brigitte is in the game. High mobility, high sustain, moderate-high damage.

7 Likes

Also, she’s not a healer, she’s a suppor. Not the same thing. And just because baguette is broken doesn’t mean dva deserves a buff.

2 Likes

No she deserves her small amount of power back. Changes are too severe. The missiles were added since they stripped Defense Matrix away. A small amount of extra damage for a large amount of extra shielding. A somewhat balanced decision.

I sleep…

Sure, buddy. DVa only has the least amount of deaths per game among all heroes, but, yeah super easy to kill. No armor, no mobility, can’t delete any damage for 2 seconds in 15m range, lowest hp in the game, doesn’t get extra lives by using ult…

4 Likes

Remove defense matrix entirely and I’ll consider giving her missile damage back :slight_smile:

1 Like

She already had more than “a small amount of power”.

1 Like

I play D.va in comp and I feel she has a lot of power. I don’t think she needs anything at the moment, buffs or nerfs. Honestly she’s still great in this meta even though it’s not as divey as before.

Deaths mean what exactly? She has a low amount of deaths only because she is ignored most of the time after being de meched. She loses any power besides long range combat at that point and can be easily squashed if focused. A low death rate doesn’t mean anything. Most of the time if i get demeched i jump off a cliff to get my mech back, because waiting to get charged up isn’t as fast.

1 Like

One of your most obvious problems is that you admit to only playing D.va, and then go on to talk about how D.va can get destroyed by certain heroes.

This might be news to you, but some characters were specifically designed to beat others. Thus, if all you play is one character, one character that has several heroes that she will not do well against, you’re only setting yourself up to have a bad time. You can’t run D.va into every problem – well, you could, she’s kind of actually one of the best heroes in the game right now, and only recently has she seen a substantial counter with Brigitte. And… even that counter is pretty light, it just makes D.va’s job of diving supports have more risk.

Defense matrix is an amazingly strong ability. If you’re only “soaking up a tiny amount of damage” with it, then you are not using it wisely. Defense matrix can absorb an infinite amount of damage within the span that it’s up, it just depends on when you use it. It’s such a strong ability that it’s potential for providing team protection was so much, D.va basically wasn’t allowed to do anything else but shield her team with right-click.

I don’t really know where you’re getting this idea from that D.va’s damage output is significantly weaker now than it was, I dunno, since… for awhile? I mean the only recent nerf D.va got was how much damage her ram does when boosting, if I recall, and also that her missiles do slightly less damage, mostly on indirect hits with splash damage. So… I dunno what you’re feeling. Maybe Brigitte’s armor is throwing you off? That’s all I can think of, and yeah, Brigitte is sort of designed to be a D.va counter, so that’s not too astonishing.

4 Likes

D.va’s not weak at all i have 50 hours on her the nerfs were so she can’t mow down every squishy and i think she’s perfectly fine now

1 Like

Her damage output is weaker than any of the other tanks. Reinhart can swing his hammer and do way more than her. Roadhog can basically one shot most people. And has a annoying self heal that when combined with actual healing makes him undying.

D’va had defense matrix. Now not really. Her damage got lowered a long time ago. And her missles gave her a slight edge in encounters. A edge she used to have with defense matrix. If your not terrible D’va is super easy to burst down. She never was oppressive. I never had a issue when another D’va was on the enemy team. Shes always pretty easy to deal with, compared to some other characters with high mobility.

1 Like

Reinhardt has very little range roadhog has no mobility and has to reload and i like how you left out Winston and zarya to make a point

No. Higher DPS than Reinhardt and Winston easily. More reliable than Orisa or Hog as well. Really, the only tank that truly outclasses her for damage is Zarya, but she outclasses virtually everyone.

From a rat league player (so could be wrong) but Dva isn’t there to facetank like Rein, Orisa, Zarya or Hog. The best plays I see with a Dva is DMing a Reaper ult, or Pharah, or Soldier. I actually think Dva has the MOST defensive effect once you save your DM for important things.

You can even DM tracer bomb, mei ult, theres tons of people you can just shut down.

bro, DVA is practically a dps now

I admit she can be destroyed because she can. Shes not undying or overpowered. I have no issue with those characters being able to destroy her.

I’m seeing a notable difference in damage output because where i used to always get a damage medal now i’m struggling to scrape by with a bronze. I would say i’m seeing about a 20% reduction in overall damage. Plus with Bridgette in play damage is much less effective overall. Shields are being played much more much more. Even her ult has become much easier to escape. Meaning stripping D’va of any damage was completely unnecessary.

I gained like 300 or so SR tonight playing D.Va almost exclusively, like she is still pretty good I think.