[FIX] Do this if your Game crashes

Do you have this Crash:

You can start the game, but it crashes randomly after 1-5 minutes and brings you back to your desktop without any error message?

Then this is the right thread for you.

Potential Fixes:

There are a few potential fixes here on this forum, one of which is to create a new windows user, although this is merely a side effect of the “real fix”.
I will get to the “real fix” below in a minute.

Why the game Crashes for you:

After some research on different forums, here is what I found.
Overwatch 2 uses a new anti-reverse engineering protection known as “Byfron.”
But because that protection is so new, it causes “false positives” for some users.

The crash happens because “Byfron” thinks falsely you are “illegally” modifying the game and crashes your game after 1-5 minutes. Byfron will then ban your “SID” which is the main reason you can’t play anymore without crashing.

I know this sounds completely stupid to believe but this is actually the reason why I and 4 of my friends with the same issue weren’t able to play anymore, even tho we never cheated in this game.

So, how do we fix this:

You can get around the crashes by changing your “SID”, which is also why so many of you can play again after creating a new windows user account, as that also changes your “SID”.

You can either change the “SID” manually with going into your REGISTRY and changing your “EDID” Id which can be found at “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY”.

Otherwise I could link to a program here, that changes the “SID” for you, but that is unlikely to be approved by the mods here, therefore I recommend you search the internet for a “SID” or “EDID” changer yourself.
There are also some YouTube Tutorials that you can search for:
"Change Security Identifier (sid) on Windows 10"

Otherwise if a Mod allows me to upload an SID changer here, or link to a working one I will gladly do so.

I hope I could help you with it, have fun playing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

any way for you to send me the link to the software ?

You can search for “Change Security Identifier (sid) on Windows 10” on Youtube :slight_smile:

people are telling me that changing the sid with cause more problems on my pc, should i listen to you or them?

1 Like

If you do it the right way, like following Youtube Videos, there shouldn’t be any harm to it

A video i’m watching pretty much made a administrator account. is that what I should be doing sorry if this is annoying my friends are making me paranoid

The video that I am referring to is named

Change Security Identifier (sid) on Windows 10 | Change SID windows 10 Without Sysprep | Change SID

Just search it up on YouTube and follow it, that is all you have to do.

1 Like

tried it and didnt work for me rip

That will work for most people that were able to fix the crashes with creating a new Windows User. If you have an old CPU or a different cause for the crash it wont work for you.

1 Like