Fitzyhere think sombra isnt viable anymore in 222

But “Sombra disables me from playing the game!!!1!1! She disables my ability to press WASD and M1!!! Delete!!!1!1 Reeeeeeee”

Honestly this is a huge mess. This patch is a MESS. I feel like they didn’t think it through enough at all. They just wanted to please the crying audience and did what they wanted to see without thinking about the fact that she’s already weak. And now, she’s going to be even weaker in a 2-2-2.

18 Likes

youre probably right about that.
doesnt mean the devs have to give in to it.
i personally dont think hack is as insufferable as people make it out to be. sure, it can be annoying, but a straight up kill by a more potent damage dealer is… more annoying.

The saddest thing is they probably thought they were helping her.

5 Likes

The only Doomfist counter is gone :confused:

1 Like

but see, they should be aiming for a game that doesn’t feel “ruined” by an ability. Even if thats a tad hyperbolic, this solution seems poorly thought out and simplistic.

1 Like

but i dont see how it ruins anything.
then youd have to eliminate every single ability in the game because they all could potentially “ruin” something.
got a boop? you can ruin someones setup, even kill them.
got a stun? ruin ults all day.
got healing? ruin a DPS job of dealing damage.
etc etc it is absolutely subjective and you cant cater to everyone.

Remember when everyone said sombra was ruined and garbage with her last changes? Yeah I’m sure they’ll be right again, sorry but I really don’t get how I understand the strengths of characters and how valuable they are over some of these supposed experts. Sombra will be fine just has to be smarter with her EMP because there’s more of an opening to react to it now instead of it being practically free and even then the opening is slim

1 Like

Eh, hack is under the category of “CC to counter CC but is still CC” and taking things away from the player won’t feel good or fair, and hack apparently doesn’t in its current state. People May be hyperbolic when they say it ruins the game, but there are solutions that would make the game feel more “fun” and Sombra more “fun” to fight without making her much worse.

I think most of the ire directed at Sombra is that a whole host of heroes can’t be played into her, so people switch off onto something they didn’t want to play to win (kinda like Pharah or Brig) but still end up winning but being frustrated.

Most of my frustrations dealing with Sombra is that the only ability that blocks EMP is… Mei wall? You spread out, she and her flanker friend pick you off, you group up, EMP.

I dunno what they could do. She’s such a cool hero in the way that so much of her power relies on communicating with her team, she’s more like a support/utility in that she enables the rest of her team (though she does put out not insignificant damage).

While I like the idea that there’s unique heroes that are strongest if everyone’s in chat communicating, I understand that this sentiment may not be appreciated by those that like playing Sombra, much in the same way I hate people saying that heroes like Moira/Brig should never be viable at higher ranks. I hope y’all get something good that doesn’t upset me, but I don’t think this will ever happen…

1 Like

i mean we could exchange hack for a clean execute.
that feels fair?

hack leaves you with plenty more options than a simple kill would.
of course it has to be balanced in the numbers department (duration, cast time, CD, etc) but the sheer ability itself is one of if not THE softest CC we have in the game.

Didn’t he also say she was worse since her invis changes?.

I more mean more time to react to it or better indicators of where it’s coming from. Something that’d feel more fair to a tank. Better indicators on both sides(I.e. clearer visuals on where hack is coming from and better visuals on hacked targets) Stuff like that.

oh yea overwatch could REALLY use some of that “clearer visuals” cake i 100% agree, not limited to sombra at all

invisible change were actually change
how can you beleive sombra will not be worse with 3 straight nerf and without any buff?!

2 Likes

Cos I think they’re not done with her and are going to redirect her power into dps and take a bit more from hack.

I dotn think so they never nerf buff heroes in multiple phase

They nerf her without giving her buff because they simply think this is the right move
I know it s hard to beleive

I am not saying they will not eventually buff her after they see how bad she is
but they nerf her because they think sombra with 3 other nerf will be balanced

Lots of heroes arent good in 222 yet.
There were in hurry I think

1 Like

in ladder? sombra was never great even hen she was op in the pro scene
i highly doubt sonbra will be buffed for a few months, if at all

They just buffed mcree in multiple phases.

First of all, those changes were initially a nerf overall. And secondly, she didn’t become meta because of those changes anyway. She became meta because she worked well against GOATS.

1 Like