Fitzyhere’s interview on Sombra NERF

Never saw a game where the least picked char with the lowest win rate gets nerfed. Even thats new to me.

11 Likes

That’s where i disagree.
She has infinite stealth, BUT she has 4 drawbacks ADDED.
She has a .7s delay coming out of stealth, 25% decrease in movement speed, she plays a voiceline displaying her location, she can be detected 2x further away. The decrease in movement speed disables her from making certain jumps and disables flanking routes that she needs.

Her translocator is infinite but can be destroyed (5hp) both by sombra and an enemy. BUT now when translocating it plays 2 animations instead of 1. On top of that she plays a voiceline. Not only this but you get NO indication when your translocator is destroyed. Also, her translocator plays a screeching sound that can be heard from 20 meters away when placed.

How.
How is that a buff?

11 Likes

Well please, explain this radically different playstyle?

Do it without using the phrases “taking more time”, “being more patient”, or any other allusion to wasting time in a fast paced game played against a clock.

7 Likes

so you want me to explain a patient playstyle without saying be patient. cool. You see this is the issue with debating you and other sombra mains you take a “its not what I want” approach. Tracer and genji don’t just jump in and murder everything. they wait for the right time, as flankers are supposed to.

Don’t try to open a dialogue and then shut it to only fit your needs, this shows your bias and your refusal to accept anything short of exactly what you want.

Do they need permanent Stealth to do that?

No, they do not.

Nothing changed.

8 Likes

i’ll take a playstyle change if it’s a buff and not a nerf

3 Likes

again like I said “not what I want approach” just like every other time we have talked.

edit: genji and tracer also don’t shut down a persons abilities completely in a fight, nor do they have an instat transport to a health pack as well. if you frame things the right way you can make anything look bad.

It’s not just ‘not what I want’. It’s objectively not what anyone needs.

Genji can kill a player faster than it takes Hack to cast. Tracer isn’t far off, she’s certainly quicker than Hack + Shooting.

That’s infinitely more effective than a 6 second Hack, then being driven off to a TL location 40m away to keep it hidden from the enemy so that they don’t blow it up.

Sombra is not an assassin, she was never meant to be.

8 Likes

what i want is 10 dmg per bullet and her hack bs nerf to be reverted. But i don’t beg for it because that would be broken. the only thing i really want is for Sombra to be a good or even decent pick in the game.

1 Like

genjis one shot combo takes longer than a second to get off even with all headshots, hack takes less than a second, this is a lie.

then why are you worried about her combat applications? you are being contradictory.
it seems you understand that sombra is about her utility rather than her damage, so why would you try and pigeon hole me then? Because you are trying to make your answer the only answer.

Both take less than a second.

Because she needs to contribute to a team fight.

As an EMP bot, she’d have enough impact at initiation that that would carry through for some time into the fight. With Hack against one player, it’s not enough; and it’s difficult to get subsequent Hacks off without using your TL in combat to reposition.

If you leave the fight completely, you’re giving up any numerical advantage you might have, and with new TL, you’re just going further away and taking longer to come back. That just makes that problem worse.

Stop imagining one hack, one assassination, means an auto-win in a team fight. It doesn’t, especially when you immediately leave again just to give up your 6v5 advantage and drop back to 5v5.

I’ve said before, I’d take buffs to Hack - this utility is exactly what those buffs were meant to provide.

But people on the other end don’t want that.

They don’t want to be on the end of an EMP bot.

So what we’re left with is damage and/or sustain the fight.

1 Like

they don’t. you are lying to yourself. I have over 300 hours between accounts on genji. I think I know the time time, considering the full length of dash takes more than a second to get off and genji cant get 2 fans of his shurikens off in less than a second and you need 2 fans for his one shot combo unless you hit all headshots.

shutting down enemy ults and abilities isn’t contributing? last I checked taking a riens shield away was a pretty big contribution to a fight. theres a reason there are entire comps around breaking shields.

Sombra alone shuts down comps like pirate ship.

a numerical advantadge doesn’t matter when you make another hero completely useless in the fight, you also can shoot from behind them after getting a hack off, you don’t have to instantly translocate. Especially with the current ptr changes.

First, one kill on the right target, is enough to end a team fight. Second, you don’t have to translocate as soon as you kill or hack, you can still fight from behind the team.

even if he starts the dash you can get killed by Genji’s dash if you kill him before he completes it so.

1 Like

genji also can get killed after dashing completely through a person. this is a latency problem not a genji problem.

Primary Fire is very important in this game and they are almost all very powerful. They can all out damage Sombra at least.

Which with double jump isn’t rocket surgery, I’ve been on the wrong end of those in my 300 hours on Widow to know it’s entirely true; if, like Sombra, you have the initiative.

A successful Hack has an 8 second cooldown, she’s not exactly spamming this.

As for shutting down pirate ship? Not since she lost her health pack ult charge, she can’t deal enough damage to generate ult against that.

They still need to be finished off, and right now it’s never been easier to keep a Hacked player alive. A Hacked player than can still move to cover and shoot back or heal their team.

It only lasts 6 seconds, you really need to make the most of that. Once it’s over, she’s probably not getting another chance, if she hasn’t TL’ed already.

Again, 300 hours on Widow, I’ve got my early pick, but because cover, shields, my own bad play etc. offered up no follow up and lost the team fight. You need to keep offering up something.

sombras primary isn’t weak. its almost the same as tracers damage.

No it isn’t, it’s like 2/3 of her damage with even less accuracy. It averages out at less than 50DPS. And, being far less bursty, is much more healable.

How.

How does not being able to do more damage from more ranges not result in overall damage? Do you think people only shoot when they are within range to do max damage?

Having the ability to do more damage from farther ranges will result in more damage overall. |: It does not increase the amount that each shot can do at maximum output/minimum range, but it increases the ranges at which you can get closer to the max amount.

Fitzy for president :clap:
Listen to this man, Blizz. He knows a thing or two about Sombra.

3 Likes