Fire Based Damage Hero Concept

Name: Mason Levitts
In-Game Name: Vulcan (After the Roman god)
Nationality: Italian

Health: 200 (25 in armor)
Category: Damage
DPS: Med-High
Range: Short-Mid

Primary Fire (Heh. Fire.) : Burner
Fires a short range flamethrower from a wrist mounted nossle. Provides burning damage after being shot.

Damage: 80 per second
After Damage/Burning: 10 per second
Burning Duration: 5 seconds
Range: 8 meters
Spread: .5 meters per meter traveled (4 meters max)
Ammo: 100
Ammo Depletion Rate: 10 per second

Ability 1: Smoke Grenade
Throws out a smoke grenade that blinds enemies. Allies can see enemies through the smoke in a similar fashion as to Infra-Sight, but they can’t see them through walls.

Max Throwing Range: 30 meters.
Detonation: 2 seconds after contact with a surface.
Smoke AoE: 5 meters in height and
Duration: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 8 seconds (after the duration has ended)

Ability 2: Incendiary Burst
Vulcan strikes the ground, sending out a short burst of flames in a small AoE around him, dealing minor damage, and knockback. (Must be on the ground in order to work)

Damage: 50
Knockback: 4 meters
AoE: 2 meters in radius
Cooldown: 8 seconds

Ultimate: Ring of Fire
Vulcan makes an AoE of flames. If an enemy touches the flame, they get damaged and burnt. (Note: The AoE will trap enemies in, nut not allies)
Damage (upon touching the flames): 20 per second touching
AoE: 10 meters in radius
Duration: 8 seconds

Thoughts? Comments? Please share them with me so I can improve the concept. :heart:

3 Likes

Pretty creative. Vulcan has a CC ultimate and a lot of utility and damage. So I’d probably put him in the tank category since he functions like an off-tank (zarya,hog,d.va).

Improvements? Probably a passive called Napalm where the fire dot spreads if enemies touch each other.

1 Like

o.o
That would be awesome.

Pretty good, but besides the primary fire it reminds me of my concept Amir.

1 Like

Oh my god! I remember that! Do you mind linking it for the thread, please?
(It was really good)

1 Like

Here you go: 🔥 Hero Concept (with art) Feedback Greatly Appreciated - #57 by SunDragon-11945

1 Like

Does everyone see this?! This is the good stuff!
(BTW, Sun, I didn’t mean to copy you like that.)

1 Like

No its fine. Things like that happen.

1 Like

Ok. Well thanks for understanding. This is why I (and many others) consider you on the list of forum gods.

1 Like

I have this vision of vulcan’s ultimate with a Mei ult in it.

I approve.

2 Likes

I don’t really consider myself one of those gods, but you just reminded me of it. Get ready for something about it.

1 Like

I do have a question about the ultimate, does it actually force people to stay within the circle or can they run through it (so the only reason they are “trapped” is the damage)? Can things like blink or pharah get past it?

Think of a Gravaton Surge, but with a higher AoE, at the cost of enemies running around in it. Also, anyway out of a Grav is a way out of the Ring of Fire.

1 Like

That’s interesting. Curious of the possibilities you could do with that.

COUGH MEI ULT COUGH.

… I need more reasons to play Mei :3.

1 Like

I don’t know, man. Maybe a former defense category hero. Someone with CC, health regeneration, and is based off of ice.

I got it!!

Torbjorn!!

1 Like

MOLTEN CORE!!!

Sounds right to me.

1 Like

Honestly I was expecting you to just start dry heaving when I mention that Irish man.

1 Like

Irish man? He’s sweedish!

Or at least, he says he is. I’m convinced he’s a dwarf straight from Khaz Modan.

1 Like

Oh my god!! :laughing:

1 Like