Fine. I'll Say It

Lúcio buffs? I’m a Lúcio main

I think the issue is more along the lines of that the damage tanks dealt was basically unchanged before GOATS. The damage role simply couldn’t deal with the survivability of three tanks and three healers.

What was the best solution at the time if Role Queue was still in development?
Nerf tanks and buff DPS, a side-effect would be nerfing healers as well.

No. The problem was that support and tanks were being to strong and making this game into a MOBA style game.

That was not the intent of this game to begin with. As stated by Blizzard at games reveal announcement, this is supposed to be a HIGH LETHAL FPS.

Blizzard intended to get into the FPS genre as they did not have a game in that genre and wanted to attract the FPS crowd.

So the “power creep” is actually bringing this game back to what it supposed to be.

Otherwise, they are losing the very players they were intending to attract and keep.

Moba players may end up not liking it and leave, but then again, this was not the game built for them, as there are many other options.

We do NOT want a game where healing makes things live forever, deathballs running around just having one time big fights like in an arena.

What we FPS players want is a fast FPS game that involves a lot of flanking, movement, fast style game.

End of story.

Despite me being FPS player, I want opposite of that. Something like TF2, with sentries everywhere, where getting towards enemy flag requires slow, precise and careful movement, or preplanned operation and assault.

4 Likes

then this is not the game for you.

This is what they say literally every time Brig gets nerfed, and the worst part of it is that it’s not even about bringing her in-line with other supports. It’s just sledgehammer nerfing because they’re too lazy to do incremental changes. Why do incremental changes and testing when you can just gut a character and remove any reason to pick them in the first place?

1 Like

This was true of release brig, not the Briggite we’ve had since 2-2-2. Overextending means death.

2 Likes

You want Call of Duty.

9 Likes

Prefer the speed of Overwatch.

And I prefer, when speed meets concrete wall I built :slight_smile:

It always was pleasant experience in TF2, when enemy Scouts, drunk from their speed, run straight into my carefully built lv 3 sentry gun. Usually afterwards there is short burst of gunfire and explosion of rockets, followed by death scream of annoying Boston baseball boy.

2 Likes

So first to address brig, she puts armor on characters that never had it. That’s the first issue. So let’s compare that to temp shields which acts just like regular health so 20 pts of damage removes 20 pts of shields. So someone with 200 hp with say 20 temp shields(220 total) gets hit with 20 pts of damage their total HP then drops to 200.

But Brig armor is different, damage to armon that is greater than 10 pts, the armor will block 5 pts no matter the amount of armor. So take 200 hp + 20 armor (220 total) get hit with 20 pts of damage they have 205 hp left. So there is still 5 armor left. Then again 20 pts of damage then you have 200 hp left.

See the big difference to remove the same amount of brig armor you have to do 40 pts of damage vs 20 for the same amount of temporary shields. Please note that is a very simple math setup to illustrate a point. OOOO Now the fun part is if the damage to armor is less than 10 it will half the damage So if it is 8 pts of damage it will only remove 4 armor. So armor doesn’t have simple standard like everything else does.

Also to apply repair pack at it max range of 30 meters your reticle can be 1 full inch away from the target and it will still hit them. And at a speed of 45 meters per second well that takes less than a second to add armor

Now for ana, everyone keeps saying she takes aim to make her work. In some quick testing in the training range using a simple ruler I found that scoped in at 10 meters away your reticle has to be ⅛ of an inch to the hit box to do damage, but to heal scoped in 10 meters away you can be almost 1 and ⅛ of an inch away and still heal them. So that’s quite a lot of extra distance from the target to heal. At around 30 meters away you can still heal with being just a little over half an inch away from your targets hit box. So the whole ana take skill it true but when you look at the numbers the skill is greatly reduced. Now take into account a tank that has a hit box the size of your mouse on the screen it’s easy to see why ana is picked so much.

my account is private and i am logged in ?
explain that
u don’t even need to log in
u just go to the site and look at stats no need to signing in

?? I’m saying that you need to connect your profile to the site for the stats to actually load in. If you have a private profile, a yellow symbol should appear. (Assuming you had loaded your stats in before you went private. Then your old stats would only appear)

Who wants to be this guy?

Reference, please, otherwise it never happened.

The primary differentiator of Overwatch is the presence of tanks and supports – which means TTK is long and there are a lot of second chances in the game to swing a round after dying in-game. Other aspects of the game such as the respawn mechanic and hard hero counters makes it so that aim is not necessarily a core skill for these heroes – it’s game sense and positioning which are the most important aspect of the game, especially for tanks and support.

For high lethal FPS, any player can play CS:GO, and any variant of the battle royale genre ever since PUBG was created. The core fundamental of these games is that dying in-game impacts heavily on its winnability. Moreover, it also relies really heavily on aim as a core skill – Overwatch has never been like that since the beginning of its release.

For these reasons, I believe in the simplest explanation: Overwatch is a shooter with MOBA elements, unique in its genre, and totally friendly to casuals (not like other aim-intensive FPS games like Counterstrike or Apex Legends).

7 Likes

Fam, how long did it take you to write all of this??
I am sorry but i honestly can’t be bothered to read all of this.

It was stated at Surprise Reveal by Metzen at Blizzcon.

This is a high lethal FPS game.

I don’t agree with these changes (because looks like your going the opposite way of what you’re saying.) but I do agree Forced Dive Isn’t a solution

Senior VP making a statement years before OW release – when OW was still vaporware. Lol, do you take pre-release announcements on vaporware as gospel?

4 Likes

But Blizzard wanted to take piece of e-sport pie and tried to make Overwatch e-sport friendly…in other words, make it more similar with CS.

1 Like