Fine, I'll do it myself ('fixing' Mercy)

So, with the flood of Mercy posts having no end in sight, I came up with a list of their complaints, and thought I’d try my hand at making a Mercy the Mercy mains would like, without reverting her.

The main complaints are:

1. rez on a cool down is OP.
  2. she’s just a heal bot.
  3. her current ult is terrible.

She lets fix these, one by one:

1. Have rez be on a resource meter. The only way to get rez, is to heal your team. Once enough healing is done (determined by Blizzard), you have access to rez. Use it up? Starting filling the meter again. This would seperate good and bad Mercy’s, as the better ones would have access to more rezzes, and more carry potential.

2. Guardian angel should be a ‘double jump’. What I mean by that is, is to activate, you press jump twice, like double jump or lunge, freeing up an ability slot for…

3. Valkyrie as an ability. Lower duration to say 5 seconds, and have a 20-30 second CD, and you have a Beefier amp is up, which is something else to keep track of, and keeps Blizzards hard work to boot. But there is one problem with this change I’ll also fix…

4. Blaster always has infinite ammo. Infinite ammo for 5 seconds isn’t really worth it compared to her normal ammo pool, but it is fun to use, so let her have it all the time. It might even help against flankers, as you can just spam at them with little concern, and maybe scare them off.

5. New ult. Now, I have my own idea, but you know what, I’ll leave this open. What new ult should Mercy have to replace valk? I’m sure there are plenty of interesting ideas people will like to discuss, and this is a discussion forum.

Now, I’ll leave my ult example here just in case:
Heroes never die. All heroes in the ults aura (coming from Mercy), have a 50% damage reduction. Duration is 10 seconds and aura radius is 12 meters (like Lucio).

Well, that’s everything, so I guess I’ll just hand this thread over to the rest of you. May we finally kill off the revert Mercy brigade.

Edits:
Most people agree on rez being on a resource meter. This is something we can push for regardless of anything else.

Concern has been raised that double tapping space for GA might be unwieldy, but to cram another ability in, whatever that might be (more abilities equals more skill required to manage them/play), something has to give. I’m open to suggestions however.

Valk as ability pretty much as is I think we can safely say is something the community wouldn’t like. However it’d be up to the devs of they’d want is scrapped completely. However, feel free to come up with new abilities yourself. Also, if a comprise was had, what things would you change in valk to make it better as an ability.

People don’t seem a fan of infinite ammo. It was only suggested if valk was an ability. As mentioned in other edits, valk could be edited, so bye bye infinite ammo, or removed completely so the same effect.

3 Likes

i’ll never understand the argument “she is just a heal bot” wasn’t she a heal bot even before the rework? she just heals and damage boosts…

16 Likes

Yeah, I don’t understand that one either. Also, her 50hps was technically a revert to original Mercy. Core kit has not changed (in terms of GA–which is easier to use now and more interactive–and healing priority, and damage boosting).

1 Like

I guess her ultimate was more active and therefore she did not “feel” like a heal-bot. It is more of a perception than reality as I agree with your sentiment, she was more or less the heal bot character and most people who played TF2 wished she was more like the Medic.

1 Like

Meh, not my argument. I’m trying to please people, not rationalize their thoughts.

I think Valkyrie should be her new ult

1 Like

4 Likes

Someone gets it. Although, I kinda wish there was a version where Rein picks up his hammer. Would be a great mash up.

1 Like

I remember when Mercy had the hope of getting an E ability to help diversify her play style

And when that hope was taken away by the rework.

4 Likes

I couldn’t find Reinhartd, but I found this:

Figured you would appreciate it.

2 Likes

Because pre-rework she had an effective Ult that required timing, positioning and decision making (tempo-ress a tank or someone with an ult, or hold it until more people die).

She’s a heal-bot now because aside of Ress only being usable on very few situations, meaning you won’t be doing it frequently enough to make a difference in your gameplay, now that she heals less, she has to spend more time healing before she can do something else(DMG boosting, jumping to a different target, trying to Ress…).

Valk feels horrible because it doesn’t change her gameplay. You were flying, healing and boosting before, and when you ult…you are still doing the same stuff, just safer. It contradicts Mercy’s gameplay because she’s supposed to be risking her life jumping from ally to ally in the middle of the teamfight.

4 Likes

Well, sometimes you have to work with what you’ve got.

That’s settling for mediocrity and we didn’t pay for a game to be stuck with this mess.

1 Like

Yer, if one change is made, it should be the resource meter.

If you can find another way to free up an ability slot, be my guest.

I just don’t see Blizzard removing valk completely, but if they were up for it, then we could talk other abilities to go in the new slot.

Similar to how rez was earnable as ult. Its actually a good idea, considering a lot of Mercy mains (on the forums at the very least) want old Mercy back, it should be a step in the right direction in order to satisfy them.

1 Like

Why do I feel like if they put it on a resource meter people would freak out and yell
''WHY AREN"T YOU LISTENING BLIZ MAKE IT AN ULT AGAIN!!!"

2 Likes

If we are debating whether or not to put it on a resource meter why not just put it back on the ult then at that point.

like seriously though.

Valk as an ability would be too op. It would give her to many escape options.

It wouldn’t be mass Rez, it would be a single Rez.

1 Like

But would Blizz completely scrap it? That’s why it’s shoe horned in, to please blizzard. But by all means, feel free to add your own new ability.