FINALLY! Balance choices in the RIGHT direction!

Well I’ll give you credit in that your the first thread I could find that post the details. That said your “predictions” were pretty much all wrong other than the super general ones.

I gotta say though poor Brig, just one nerf after another to Sheild Bash. Soon they might as well remove the ability all together, a 50dmg ability that travels maybe 6 meters with an ever shrinking hit box is a joke.

The whole “Brig counters dive” aspect really doesn’t apply too much any more. Most Genji and Tracers can dance around her with ease.

1 Like

This honestly make me laugh.
You always needed a Mercy because she is the only healer in the game that could ACTUALLY HEAL. Mercy heals were too strong, reliable and consistent.

Res was just a SUPER strong BONUS to picking Mercy.

People are so happy with these changes until it goes live and realize that nerf to Mercy is an indirect nerf to literally every hero.

4 Likes

Eh I don’t think Mercy was picked for heals either, I mean sure it helped but it wasn’t the main reason. Easy dmg boost for ultimates and rez. The Power creep in OW is real and there are so many quick burst of dmg to kill a hero now that healing is nearly obsolete. You either die instantly or you not at all.

There isn’t nearly as much middle ground any more to actually allow a healer time to heal (other than maybe tanks, though reaper and Hanzo make short work of them).

1 Like

I agree with all the changes except for the ones done to Moira…ᶠ*ᶜᵏ ᴹᵒᶦʳᵃ

Mercy and Zen will still be meta

Someone needs to damage boost widow and hanzo and Rez them if needed.

Now instead of always having Mercy and Zen though we might see mercy and Moira, Mercy and Lucio or mercy and Brig and Zen

It’s a fact and that’s why your suggestion was junk because Brigitte is fine like now.

You play on ps4, tracer is a lot easier to aim with on there than on pc.

Remember that time they said they were going to do platform specific balancing…?

Maybe they should

Id like that, they do have some changes on ps4. I know torbs turret does less damage, i think syms might too.

1 Like

I wish they did the same to Symmetra’s feedback.

I know right?

1 Like

Then people going come on these forums saying that healing feels really weak… despite what everyone feels about Mercy, she allows many different Strat and team comp

Why? It’s because you know she will have the reliable and consistent healing that allow you to run really effective and different team comp.

So the devs directly pandering to forum people confirmed.

They can’t seemingly balance this game with their own brain and want to ruin it like they tried to ruin Hots before they were fired from hots balance team. =p

Im still a bit let down that they refuse adamantly to give Ana self healing over time like literally all other healers, or mobility movement like literally all other healers (cept zen)

2 Likes

I have a feeling that all these support changes are only step 1.

I think they will probably keep an eye on everything and if they need it, continue to tweak the supports that still need it. I dont think the Lucio/Ana changes are enough.

I don’t think they would just nerf or buff healers for no reason. there has to be something else coming soon. a buff to a character is used to nerf another character indirectly. So changes to Brig must mean someone else is being focused on. Just tryna figure out who they’re trying to make more popular.

I think they’re trying to pre-emptively do changes in preparation for what they think Hammond will do to the meta

What do you mean ? They had just changed recently ! What do you mean by you think lucio/ana change aren’t enough ??? So how much blizzard need to tweak them ??

Right direction? A 17% nerf to Mercy’s healing will not stop her from being the best support and mostly just makes her a bit weaker at healing tanks. It’s the rez that makes her the best. She needs another rework. Rez is a failure and should be replaced by a new ability. There are plenty of suggestions in the Mercy threads.

Other changes I agree with, though where is that Sym primary fire buff blizzard? She still needs help.