[Feedback Thread Continued Part IV] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Just checking in, an see that we have gone from Feedback thread 3 to now 4 (or I SHOULD say Thread 3 cannot be replied to an the only replies can be made here). Plus 13 consecutive Nerfs to Mercy for “Balance” with Rez as an “E” Ability. The last one being “THEM” going after her base Healing, making it to where it will not even prevent 1 person being saved from a Winston…
I stopped playing after Nerf #8 so yeah… Fix Mercy already because Rez as an “E” Ability is a total failure…

2 Likes

@James your thread is still alive. O.o

1 Like

Rework mercy with resurrect being her ultimate again,make it function otherwise,i don’t care,but her ult must be resurrect

3 Likes

which will be soon if they don’t fix our angel

No it’s past it’s due date! Sometimes someone will attempt to eat it, but it’s gone off now and it doesn’t taste very nice.

Just throwing in here some idea for Valkyrie(if devs are so desperate to keep it as ult):

• during Valkyrie, Mercy can lock healing/damage boost beams on up to 5 targets at once. Those are not chain beams, and won’t lock on automatically;
  • Valkyrie heals 300 hps without any additional targets, 150 with 2 targets, and down to 60 with 5 targets.

Since last thread is constantly locked by trolls, we can be here.

Sup Megathread the other one is alive again we don’t know for how long but check it out before it closes again for another week or so [Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018 - #19372 by Romanova-11623

I pre-ordered my statue the day it was announced, back before there was any mention of further nerfs to Mercy, and I’m not so petty as to cancel a pre-order over such things.

Got it a full month earlier than expected, which is nice. As for “supporting such a company”, Blizzard has other products than Overwatch. I like StarCraft II a lot. And Diablo 3 is fun from time to time, too. So I’ll probably buy the BlizzCon virtual ticket again, this year, in the hope that they’ll announce stuff to lift my Overwatch spirits. Because as nice as the boatload of fixes hitting the PTR are, (and very long overdue at that) there’s no addressing of the core game design issue of having several heroes be unfun to play as.

Then, perhaps, you should buy things related to other games, not Overwatch?

Which I will, from now on. And, aside from the Mercy statue, the only thing Overwatch-related I’ve ever bought was 50 halloween lootboxes for the very first edition of Halloween, because I had to have Mercy’s Witch skin. Since then, I’ve never bought anything Overwatch, and likely never will, since my investment isn’t being rewarded like it should be, by keeping the game fresh, mostly bug-free, and, most importantly, enjoyable.

Gonna look into IP-blocking the OWL garbage they try to shove down my throat, because I don’t want the reason this game is storming downhill to be the first thing I see when I happen to come across the Overwatch tab in the Battle.Net launcher. Not to mention, it saps bandwidth it doesn’t deserve.

5 Likes

This video should probably go in here as well as Titanium’s thread.

Here’ a suggestion. Mercy being a considered a "Pocket" - A suggestion

As there are only 45 posts left on part III of this thread series I would just like to remind everyone that we already started early on part IV. This thread is a lot more fun by the way.

Feedback thread III is maxed out at 20 000 posts and consequently locked. But we still have thread number 4. This one has lighter tone to it as well, and less focused on actually trying to achieve good change since that’s useless to hope for anyways.

So, Mercy walks into a bar, and the bartender says “Hey, is this some kind of joke?”

2 Likes

The rework has been a huge failure (you don’t nerf a character this many times if a rework was successful, you just don’t) and it has been incredibly annoying as a Mercy player to try to relearn her with every nerf.
Just revert her and make valk an ability that lasts maybe 3-5 seconds with a decently long cooldown. Blease, give me back my good ult.

2 Likes

I’m dying. :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I know this is a bit spamming but… Press F to pay respects…

On a side note, my Mercy play has been improving, but I am finding it clunky if I try to do a swooping hawk manuever on an opponent Widowmaker if I use Valkyrie.

4 Likes

We will not be stopped by that anyway.

3 Likes

Regarding Mercy and Rez, I have written a couple of essays discussing Rez and my issue with cooldown rez and the concept and reaction to hide and rez. Any feedback is greatly appreciated and I would like to further the discussion about game design and hero design in Overwatch regarding Mercy.

Resurrecting a winston, or heck D.va that is 500-600 hps in an instant, for whatever reason Hana is granted full charge to get back to her meka too, no effort required in obtaining charge. Tbh, resurrect should bring back tanks at 50% health, its too much reward for pressing E currently.