[Feedback Thread Continued Part IV] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

If you want Blizzard to act, you need to make it affect them. Take this to some of the smaller news organizations, and put a spin on it like “Blizzard made Mercy the icon of the community coming together to raise funds to fight diseases, now neglects those that have rallied to the call.”

It’s a slight news spin, but is roughly true. Point is, this is something that would affect them. Forum posts they can ignore. This needs to gain public traction.

7 Likes

The irony is that Mercy is the poster child of being a medic in the game but at the same time, we can’t really protest against the cancer fund raiser… it is just wrong.

So whilst we bitterly donate for a good cause, Blizzard can basically take the results and say, see Mercy is fine.

Her Pick Rate is roughly how she was pre-rework (at the time of donation), we got a lot of support at the fundraiser for Charity, her win rate is balance and her pick rate in pro tournament is average.

Therefore Mercy is fixed

It is nothing more than propaganda to satisfy the top brass of the company.

2 Likes

I think most people would rather have a ‘trash’ hero that blizzard can then work on compared to an op hero that blizzard can’t balance. I’d rather have mercy back to a troll pick and not the mercy with have now.

8 Likes

Well, Blizzard just used charity to further their behavioral conditioning and train people to be ok with paying a lot of money for cosmetics in their game. Since people can’t really complain about donations to a charity it has given Blizzard the perfect opportunity to get us all to think “Well, 15 USD was expensive, but this new OWL skin is only 5 USD so that’s really cheap”… It’s all manipulation and greed. While I think it’s perfectly fine for Blizzard to make money from lootboxes containing only cosmetics (they need to make money somehow) I detest the way they use charity for such deceitful manipulation and behavioral condition.

3 Likes

I guess this is our home now. At least it is selfmade and… ah nevermind they are throwing Mercy threads in here as well.

I don’t know if someone has interest in it but i made that thread, with a new ability idea at 3.3.

It all goes towards charity (I hope all of it did) but it doesn’t change the fact that they used Mercy to promote the charity. it is like an act of good deed to cover up the bad ones.

1 Like

You mean Mercy’s current iteration? How it encourages the Mercy player to be the most selfish person on the planet? To use her ult to preserve her own life, first and foremost? To resurrect behind cover, only (hide)?

3 Likes

But in his mind, he was like, “Oh, hey, that’s a great idea. Let’s do that.”

With Mercy’s current healing, I can manage the DPS buffs, for now. Afterwards…
Only time will tell, but I’m not sure I want to try and find out. I heard QP can still be fun from time to time, and I’ve got other games to play, still.

1 Like

At the moment I cannot manage a reckless team just jumping in and taking damage…

Also Hammond is so annoying to kill when he is just swinging around.

1 Like

Protip: get a team that can coordinate

Sombra says hi.

To resurrect someone from behind cover in order to protect yourself is not the same as hiding behind a wall and telling your teammates to die on the objective. Those are two completely different things.

Here, sorry if I have been insulting or anything, but I hope this post helps you understand why these Mercy changes upset me so much :c

Besides the bit where that behavior was the result of an SR exploit, the usual idea behind telling your teammates to die on the point was supposed to be: “If you’re going to die, try and get to the point. I’ve got Rez as backup in case I can’t heal you.”

6 Likes

You forgot that people hate her now because she’s:

and buggy too

But it was enough for people to start saying it’s nothing wrong and defending Blizzard.

4 minutes… that’s how long it took for the other megathread to close this time… new record?

I guess that means people should make another 50 threads about it…cause constantly pestering everyone with the same message over and over again as if nobody knows about it is absolutely going to get results

Just a question out of curiosity. Has this thread not passed the replies limit?