[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Get in while you can people.

I just want a burst ultimate that requires timing, or that they make Valkyrie not be about ā€œholding the beamā€. I need it to feel special and like a moment!

1 Like

I wrote this in another post I just donā€™t feel like typing it again, this is what I believe a good rework would be, what do you think?

Iā€™m like super hungry right now and need to make food, Iā€™m gonna have to call a rain check on it for now and hope to remember it later. :grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™m just gonna post some of my YT videos. Enjoy.

Honestly, Iā€™m all against your idea. Changing how her Caduceus staff works + removing rez just takes away her identity and leaves only her GA. This is bad idea, honestly. Making her healing ā€œlike symmetraā€™sā€ will limit the amount of mobility + beam juggling mercy will be able to do. And these 2 are the only things that keep Mercy at decent pickrate now.

4 Likes

I donā€™t believe I said that though.

No. Just no.

You may as well remove Mercy from the game if youā€™re going to rework her like this. Thanks for brainstorming, but this simply isnā€™t a good idea.

The things that separate good Mercys from bad ones (e.g. positioning, prioritization, game awareness, game knowledge) will always remain, and that will always be sufficient to distinguish Mercy players.

2 Likes

Are we back yetā€¦

Hello! Welcome to the Mercy Megavoid where all Mercy related things come to die! Glad you can share your Mercy concerns with us and have them locked every week due to mass amounts of flags and the silencing of the Mercy community!

Sincerely your Mercy Cult Leader!

1 Like

You havenā€™t actually stated why itā€™s isnā€™t a good idea though, you just labeled it as oneā€¦ but thanks for your input.

Fight me!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/770ae0a6a9506019721acc100252d6de/tenor.gif?itemid=11799866

5 Likes

Iā€™m the one on the right and you are the one that scampered off away from the Leader. Know your place.

Sincerely the Mercy Cult Leader!

Iā€™m sorry but you started losing me at limited healing and I was gone by the time Ress removal hit.

Her healing used to be decent and consistent because its single-target and you need to be near the wounded ally(therefore, closer to the fight, which means they can kill her too). Ana has higher healing and way-way bigger range, despite requiring to aim, and Moira has a resource, but she heals a LOT and in an area. Its not fair to cripple her healing when it already has its restrictions.

Ress is a core part of her character(not to mention the highlights and sprays, which people paid for), and Ress CAN be balanced. Hell, thereā€™s an ability that swallows ults with the press of a button, why is Ress the end of the world?

3 Likes

It makes her considerably weaker, less consistent, and less engaging. In order to be balanced she would require some type of buff (like a 90 HPS regular rate if the staff is going to overheat and be on cooldown).

The things that define Mercy as a healer are consistency and reliability. Youā€™re throwing all of that out of the window with a rework like this. If you canā€™t see that without me laying it out for you, itā€™s probably because you donā€™t play enough Mercy.

Because it ā€œstealsā€ victory: you watch dead enemies, being all proud, and then you hear ā€œHeroes never dieā€ and whole other team rises from their graves.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, scatter arrow was also a core part of hanzoā€™s character.

Iā€™m not sure if any of the lore has Mercy rezing someone? I might be wrong though as Iā€™m not well informed of the lore, Iā€™ll do some googling later.

Pfff your eyesight is as bad as your reasoning! Who would pick a squid as a cult leader when thereā€™s an adorable bunny here ready to be worshiped!

Bow down to your bunny overlord!

4 Likes

So cute :heart::heart::heart:

Mmmā€¦ Ahem. Who are you again? No one leads me.

(Iā€™m kidding, by the way. Not being serious. XP)

Thatā€™s not LoS. Thatā€™s FoV.

6 Likes