[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Isn’t an AOE Burst heal that grants you immunity literally Zen’s ult?

exactly, so the primary reason theyre in qp is to have fun. thank you for proving my point.

Mercy IS fine but honestly she could be better and still be balanced.

I mostly have problems with her ultimate, most of the time it just feels so dang underwhelming.

1 Like

That didn’t prove your point because you are trying to say they are picking Mercy for pure enjoyment and not because the team needs a healer, but the role selection shows that they DO always bring at least one healer. So that is NOT true.

They are trying to win. Putting in less effort than comp is not the same thing as not trying to win.

ETA: And who are they most likely to bring to solo heal? One of the two viable main healers.

Also just makes her able to rez the same ally every 8 seconds. I was thinking of a 5 seconds ultimate that would increase it’s duration by 2 seconds and reset GA cooldown every time you rezed someone. Rez would have a 1 seconds cast time like it was before the rework for each target but would still have to slow down for it.

This would be good. I actually had this come up on one of my Mercy threads a few days ago. Earnable rezs (up to 5) over the course of time for completing certain things like you earn 1 rez every 2000 heals or 500 damage. You can stockpile them but you can also lose them if you die and have to start all over. Cast time would still be there but maybe like 1.35 seconds instead of the 1.75 we have now.

no one cares about any of that in qp. at all. they might need a healer, and that person will pick mercy bc they find her fun. youre just wrong.

If Mercy were truly fine, you wouldn’t have several megathreads with thousands of replies telling you explicitly how NOT fine she is.

8 Likes

So do you think it’s just a total coincidence that the healers chosen the most to solo heal in QP are the two viable solo healers? That it’s just happenstance?

You think Blizzard is forced to create megathread after megathread for months on end because they are having a good time?

Okay. I am not “just wrong,” I am however “just done,” with responding to this nonsense argument.

I argue against the insta Rezzes since they have two issues: perceived fairness, and user awkward interaction.

I cannot not fully write out my point right now since I’m at work, but I like to share it with you both and in general because I obviously think its important as I don’t believe the exact way things have worked in the past were where they should have been, but that is all about the polish of the ability kit which I would say Valkyrie and Rez on “E” were never polished abilities.

I’d like to look at the entire set of versions for Mercy’s kit and rework them into something that is respectable for all sides.

Anyway I’ll have to leave it at that for the moment since I probably should get this ASI work done before it gets to late, so sorry about not giving the meat of the argument.

You keep trying to falsely equate a group of upset forum posters with the entire playerbase.

Again, the bottom line is simple. If you think the majority of mercy players find her unfun, then simply stop playing her. There’s plenty of viable healers. Force the devs hand by plummeting mercy’s pickrates. But you won’t do that probably Bc you know you don’t represent the majority

Problem is that there’s several people out there who WILL pick the best healer for the current team comp regardless of how fun they find her.

I personally have stopped playing Mercy. My friend though… hasn’t because who are you going to pick when your team comp has 2 snipers on it? Ana? She’s not viable. Moira? She can’t get to them. That leaves just Mercy. So he picks her and complains to me about having to pick her after the fact.

2 Likes

He/she doesn’t have to pick mercy.

I won’t do that because I don’t want to plummet my winrate on a solo boycott, that’s nonsense. I shouldn’t have to stop winning to provide feedback.

And it’s not a false equivalence to state that forums are generally the best place for devs to gauge how players are reacting to a change, it’s literally one of the biggest reasons to have a forum in the first place.

I never stated the entire playerbase hates playing her, I’m talking about a general consensus gleaned off a large sample size on the game’s official forums.

3 Likes

It’s not a solo boycott of every one of you on this forum stops playing her. If you all find her that unfun then her pickrates will drop and it won’t matter if your team doesn’t have a mercy Bc neither will the other team

“Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity for big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.”

So if I want the opportunity to potentially make a big game-making play I have to now go Battle Mercy during Valkyrie and neglect healing my teammates with a standard but chained healing beam? Fair enough. I’ll try it. Don’t imagine it will be long before I’m reported as ‘gameplay sabotage’ for doing that.

8 Likes

That’s the thing… he kinda does.

There are legitimately people out there who are competitive enough that they will sacrifice their fun for a better chance at winning. Or in other games… they’ll farm stuff in ways that are less fun if it gets better results.

Also the dude is on an Open Division team. If his team wants him to play Mercy… he plays Mercy.

This happens. It happens a LOT.

4 Likes

Once again, beyond disappointed in the response that was given to everyone who has provided feedback. It seems that pickrate is all that matters and that all the feedback given by others has just been shoved in this thread to hide it away.

10 Likes

I don’t think we’ll get anything from the dev team unless we somehow boycott mercy for months and months on end.

The usual argument blizzard brings, and players too btw, is that mercy’s pickrate is very high and her winrate is average.

While she IS balanced it doesn’t mean she is fun to use but they don’t care about that anymore it feels like.

Jeff clearly said today they won’t change anything about her. This megathread is just a garbage dump and they don’t actually read ANYTHING.

Have a good one.

5 Likes

Thank you for the response. I hope you consider possible changes in the future, when you have time for it. I believe problem everyone has is not related to balance, but it’s about how Mercy feels to play, and i wholeheartedly believe it could be fixed with minor changes.