[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Zerum,

I know right. It’s so pointless. 2 years ago when you heard Heroes Never Die you were relieved and or excited and when they heard Helden Sterben Nicht they were infuriated and oozing salt out their eyes. But now you hear it and everyone’s like whatevvvvvvvver. Too many people wanted the line back knowing full well Mercy and or Rez isn’t getting buffed and Jeff just does it because he’s on a foolish crusade to please everyone :angry:

4 Likes

You just made me sad, hope you’re proud.
Poor Gabriel.

Heroes often die!

1 Like

I actually agree. Mercy can’t really save someone now. The best we can have with THIS ‘‘ult’’ it’s I will watch over you.

#ReventMercy

2 Likes

Someone should until he uses Wraith form and whip out a vaccum cleaner.

1 Like

Oh nice reinvent mercy nice idea I could get behind this

1 Like

Heroes never die is probably the most iconic voiceline in the entire game.

6 Likes

But useless with the current Mercy.

4 Likes

I prefer it to “I will watch you die while flying over you”.

6 Likes

I sometimes wonder if it was done as a teaser/torment from their perspective. The voice line definitely doesn’t fit their current mockery of a bodged up ultimate.

1 Like

Developer A: There are massive outrage about new Mercy ultimate can someone guess why?
Developer B: Oh! I know - that because ulting Mercy no longer say “HEROES NEVER DIE”
Developer A: that is genius! We will bring this voiceline back, and everypony will be happy again!
And then they patted each other on the back.

That change would make sense before February or if her ult would have at least one instant res. 60hp/s? She could just say the same thing about her normal healing. And what about damage boost? She literally helping to kill other heroes while preaching about immortality!

9 Likes

Idk, I rather like it :<

It got me to finally use witch mercy

1 Like

“Let me ult and heal my whole team so no one dies!”

“Heroes never die!”

“WTF why would she say that during an ult that keeps her team from dieing!”

3 Likes

:joy:
But true :open_mouth: :confused: :frowning:

Guys. There was a pretty big thread back in the old forums asking for the line to be brought back because of how iconic it was. There is no mockery, they did what people asked.

3 Likes

That’s about the only thing they listened to then, other than the pros of course.

3 Likes

Heroes never die makes far more sense for Valkrie than for Mass rez. Mass rez was a reversal of death, death happened.
Valkyrie is an attempt to preserve life, heroes not dying.

And for the record, Heroes die easily during Valk if attacked by an ult or focused down by multiple enemies. being a team centric ult, Valkyrie is not to be used without momentum or to generate momentum

5 Likes

I like it because when I use valk I’m basically saving myself so “heroes never die!” means I never die and I’m the hero who’s still alive and healing!

2 Likes

Why does that matter? The voiceline has nothing to do with the ult being good or bad.

1 Like

Funny, I thought ultimate abilities were there as a special ability to help get momentum going lol (assuming you’re attacking, not defending).

Also… if you’re new to the megathread and reading this, don’t bother posting feedback here. It’s not read, this thread is used for silencing your feedback. Post in the main forum for the maximum chance of it being seen at least, before it gets moved here for silencing purposes.

2 Likes