[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Ana was good and then she was nerfed and pushed out of viability. Mercy rework had nothing to do with Ana becoming bad, she became bad before it happened.

“But buffing supports would be powercreep!”

Yea and ana has had the bottom 3 winrate for prolly a year now, she needs help desperately. And powercreep is impossible when support cast has been nerfed time and time again. You can look at the dps roster for the actual powercreep that is happening with all their buffs.

Healing does not need a nerf in any sense of the matter for any character in this game, otherwise you can say hello to winston grilling everyone. No Mercy’s healing is not OP and it was buffed back in season 1 for a reason and hasn’t been touched since. Mercy should have the best sustained healing out of all characters because healing and supporting is all she does, being the only pure healer in the roster.

If you reduced the hps to 50, mercy would be doing 2-3k less heals on average. Why should a pure healer barely outheal offhealers like Ana, Zen, Lucio and Brigitte on average? (taking account armor gained) Mercy lives and dies by how well they can heal.

7 Likes

I mean, how often does a solider get a 6-man visor?
Or how often does a genji get a 6-man dragonblade?
If mass res was blocked by shields and had line of sight checks, along with a slight cast time, and no invunerability (damage resistance, sure) I’m fully convinced it would’ve been easier to balance then taking res and trying to force it into the spot of a normal ability.
Anyway, the ptr exists to test things out, I don’t see why not test some form of mass res to get it to work…

1 Like

Same here. Really made your thoughts more valid, the way you didn’t back them up and are gonna stop responding lol

2 Likes

Mercy has been nerfed enough. She’s fine. Having a popular hero in the game is ok. Pick rate does not mean a hero has to be nerfed. She is in no way in a state where she is “a must pick or you will lose”.

3 Likes

You can do whatever the hell you want but don’t you dare touch GA. It’s the most fun ability which made me love playing mercy.
The moment GA is touched is when I quit this game

2 Likes

What you fail to understand is that regardless of what is done to Mercy, those that play Mercy will keep playing Mercy. It’s ok for a hero to be popular. If you nerf Mercy any more the people who have stuck with it thus far will quit the game. We have already lost people due to past changes.

3 Likes

I definitely agree with this.
Ana desperately needs some substantial buffs, we have enough anti-tank characters to prevent a new tank meta, I believe.

Lucio could potentially use another buff to his healing output, or his ult. Atm, sound barrier needs to be timed perfectly to stop heavy burst damage, which in and of itself is ok, hence the “potentially”.

From my experience, players had an issue with mercy stopping healing and telling her team to “die on point”, or hiding and letting her team die.
If mercy had mass res back with the changes I proposed, or maybe some new ones, 5-man ressurections would be even rarer, and the whole “die on point” would be incredibly risky, with a small cast time, and all in all, res would be incredibly situational in how you use it.
Which is the reason many people miss her old ult.
Anyways, that’s just my opinion

Yeah dude all the professional Lucio players who were forced to learn Mercy are just playing her because she is popular.

That’s due to res being on cooldown, and a consistent form of healing.
The most powerful ability in the game literally every 30 seconds in addition to the most consistent form of healing gives us the obviously best healer.
There will always be a “best healer”, but did you ever see professional Lucio players being forced to play mercy 1.0?
Cuz I sure didn’t.

4 Likes

There are 2 healer slots. 1 is reserved for a main healer. Lucio is not a main healer. So you are either going to run Zen or Lucio. Zen’s discord orb is super valuable, especially with Hanzo and Zarya.

So are you going to nerf Zen? Or Hanzo? Or Zarya?

Oh yes, lets assume it’s Mercy’s fault. A hero that was nerfed heavily and hasn’t received any changes since…

I’m sad… Why do certain balance posts get more attention than others? Mine got borderline ignored… :(((

1 Like

Lucio doesn’t compete with Mercy OMEGALUL

Discord more powerful with slow heroes OMEGALUL

I’m sorry, but this is just too funny. And for the record, Zenyatta and Hanzo probably need some tweaks.

If Mercy and Lucio aren’t competitors, why did Lucio drop from a 85+% pickrate to a <10% pickrate overnight when the Mercy rework dropped?

If Zenyatta is more powerful in Deathball metas, why did he start the first introduction of Dive (with 50% Discord) and was absent from Triple Tank?

Everything I said has been backed up with stats from overbuff and master overwatch, pro play vods you can watch yourself and well known meta’s throughout the entire overwatch community for the last 5 seasons. It’s not my fault you choose to deny it in a pursuit to continue to argue.

But go on, have the last word.

TBH I think lucio should be more competitive with zen. So I think they need to buff lucio’s heal and/or make drop the beat more effective at countering ultimate combos. DTB is “good”, but it’s kind of lack lustre compared to transcendence.

For mercy, I think they need to make her more mechanically demanding by reducing the leniency of her heal beam’s ability to target allies. That or they should probably reduce her healing output because it’s kind of crazy that one of the most mobile heroes (capable of traversing vertical and horizontal distances) can heal for so much per second with hardly any mechanically intensive limitations. Maybe she needs a longer cool down on guardian angel too idk.

wow wtf, a thread about mercy needing a nerf merged into here? im shook

2 Likes

They’re shoving threads in here overtime it seems.

I think the devs are starting to get desperate and need to look good to investors/players. I’m pretty sure that they thought that by now this whole thing would have died down to a murmur that nobody payed any attention to. Well as we can see they are wrong. Now the mods will lock every thread and hope we just shut up.

Let’s see if we can get Megathread number 10. That will show those Mercy mains. If one Megathread doesn’t shut them up then another will…and so on

I’m starting to wonder how many we will go through at this point. :thinking:

5 Likes

You’d think that by now they would finally just acknowledge that a lot of people are really unhappy with their changes, and do SOMETHING to at least make it sting less other than simply say “We’re reading your feedback”.

4 Likes

why not just do a support over haul and re adjust every supports skill celling / floor. Every support but ana can be played by a monkey and get placed at gold.

Torbjorn: It’s like a culmination of a thousand of my worst nightmares! N. O. NO.

But seriously; those suggestions would make playing her completely unessential at all. Sure, her pick rate would drop…to about 1% and then she’ll need another buff to increase it.

Decreasing her healing from 60 to 50 would make her almost contend with an Off-healer; she would be the weakest Main healer to choose from. Most DPS do 65-120 damage in one shot. She’d be unable to keep up with all the damage being put on her patients.

The Valkyrie parts I’m ok with, as she needs some kind of E ability anyway, but the Ultimate I simply can not agree with. It’d still feel too underwhelming to be an Ultimate.

Again, you people insist on using Overbuff and pro game play as your ‘proof’ of how Mercy is ‘overpowered’ and ‘needs a nerf’. You nerf that bird into the ground any further and even the Undertaker’s going to be scratching his head.

She’s a must pick because she, now repeat it with me; FITS EVERY SITUATION REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE ENEMY TEAM IS RUNNING. Her base kit is easy to adapt to, so that helps nothing either.

She’s not a must pick because she’s some powerful game changer or counter to something. She’s literally a glorified babysitter that literally anyone can pick up and use at her base kit.

Stop asking for a nerf; she’s not nearly as powerful as you all would like to think.

3 Likes