[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Funny how changes to another hero suddenly made Mercy OP again xd

Best part of it: they purposely avoided adding direct competition for Mercy, while all hybrid healers, that could compete with her, got hit with nerfs.

So yes, she is OP, since she is only dedicated healer in game, only reliable healer, and only healer with vertical mobility. Way too much ā€œonlyā€ for one hero.

2 Likes

Maybe she should be OH? ā€œOnly Healerā€? xd

Whelpā€¦ iā€™m back from my holiday. Letā€™s get ready to bash some mindless flock again people!

4 Likes

As an E ability rez is unbalanceable. However, it will never be entirely removed. Mercy has half of her set (sprays, potgs, poses and even real statues) around rez, but NOTHING around valkirie (okay, just an icon). Blizz knows how much important is rez for Mercy, so they stated that it will always be a part of her kit. Imagine the Lich King without his Frostmourne. It wouldnā€™t be the same character anymore.

That being said, rez doesnā€™t have to be instant, so you should add a new option:

3- Moving rez to her ult and reworking it from that point, as her ult again.

Finally, valkirie is a great problem too, and there are a lot of people who want it gone or heavily reworked. Itā€™s just an ez mode for dummies and almost guarantees survivality while doing your basics at the same level as a pro. Itā€™s like an unengaging but safer amp it up. Rez as an E is not wanted neither, but thatā€™s because it is an ultimate, no matter how much they nerfed it.

The problem I see here is that keeping valkirie as it is would be a terrible problem because it lowers Mercyā€™s skill ceiling to her floor. It isnā€™t an ultimate neither, as no one calls for it to be used. People only ask you about your rez, and thatā€™s because rez is Mercyā€™s real ultimate. Valkirie cannot be improved without having one of these results:
1- OP Mercy.
2- Valkirie used only for rez.
3- Other heroes being nulified.

Yes, Iā€™m tired too of unskilled people calling me unskilled when they canā€™t kill a stationary dummy for two seconds, but Mercy should be a good design, and current one isnā€™t. This got proved even before gameā€™s release, when she had at first valkirie and then, current rezā€™s mechanic. Both were removed before Owā€™s launch.

No, sorry, nowadays hide and rez is mandatory. If you donā€™t hide you die, that simple. It forces you to hide and to disengage, because you must stop doing your job for more than two seconds and sneak around searching a place to hide near the corpse, where nobody can see you. Also, keeping rez as an E ability would have a lot of balance issues, because itā€™s too powerful.

However, as an ultimate, rez could be balanced extremely easy to balance, and could perfectly encourage good positioning instead of hiding. She only needed QoL changes for that. Now she needs an entire rework. Valkirie was bad design since gameā€™s development and current rezā€™s mechanic was bad design since gameā€™s alpha/beta, when they were removed for good.

Itā€™s sad, I know, but thatā€™s the situation with this design. Itā€™s bad. Thatā€™s why we are suddenly in a dead end with Mercy near 100% pickrate again and being good in every comp. This design gave her some kind of balance, but she is broken now, and buffs will make her OP, nerfs wonā€™t fix anything, and keeping her current kit will keep her issues as they are. Yes, she has good things, like the bunny hop, but both her E and her Q need to be completely reworked. The only problem is Blizz taking so long time in anything that is really needed.

Yeah, itā€™s sad, but thatā€™s what they do when they see a post with the taboo word ā€œMercyā€ out there. Sometimes even if it doesnā€™t call for any type of changes, or if it is nor feedback (sometimes even trol posts), itā€™s merged in here.

But you know, she is ā€œfineā€ after all. The most balanced she has ever been. (Sarcasm over 9000)

TLDR: Blizz, this design is too flawed and is beyond salvation. Rework Mercy again for her own good and the gameā€™s too.

12 Likes

The problem is that people making these decisions havenā€™t put any rational thought into it. This thread and previous mega threads have already pro con the idea of making it instant cast.

As a skill the instant cast is far too op.

3 Likes

ā€œMercy is fine and balanced, please git gud and stop whining, because you are not OP anymoreā€.

The same person few days later:

ā€œBlizzard should really nerf Mercy, she is so OPā€.

14 Likes

Nice to see you again Lithy, thank you again for this well written and tought post, iā€™ll add it to the offline collection in case it will be lost, removed or needed elsewhere!

3 Likes

Did this really happen? Like you legit saw the same person do this?

Lt.Latency.

Iā€™ve seen them post and complain that Mercy is ā€œFineā€ and ā€œSheā€™s balanced you just want her OP againā€.

They are on the warpath in a thread saying that sheā€™s too OP and that no other healers can match her now.

ā€¦when she is at the same spot that she was at when they first said she was fine.

4 Likes

How can they expect us to take them seriously?

Also, this is why people have been saying that healers need to be brought up to the same level. Seems like they are nerfing them all to the same level. If Mercy is perfectly fine and balanced, then she needs to remain the same.

I donā€™t understand the Moira nerf either. Are we not healing through barriers ever anymore? Is that going to be Mercyā€™s next nerf?

2 Likes

Moiraā€™s ā€œnerfā€ is a bug fix.

Her orbs and Ult can still heal through barriers.

Her spray cannot

Bug fix or not, I donā€™t understand why it was such a bad thing.

Edit: Moira healing through shields should have been kept in. I donā€™t care if it was a bug initially.

2 Likes

People are complaining cause now only Mercy, Zen and Brigā€™s E can heal through shields.

I personally think Moira should have kept her healing through shields since she doesnā€™t provide any other utility

4 Likes

Itā€™s more consistency thing: AoE healing canā€™t go through barriers.

True but Moiraā€™s spray doesnā€™t act like other AoE heals-comparing to Lucioā€™s and Brigā€™s

1 Like

Not in Mercyā€™s case, but I saw someone like that talking about D.Va. He literally was mocking people with ā€œD.Va is fineā€ and begging for her nerfs in another thread.

Dudes i saw him too, the point is clear. If i can i simply treat him the way he deserves to be treated and ignore himā€¦ nothing else can be done about thatā€¦ ā€œniceā€ fellaā€¦

So, after Moiraā€™s bug-fix-nerf, Brigitteā€™s nerf, Zenyattaā€™s nerf, Anaā€™s still-not-enough-buff, all happening after Mercyā€™s latest nerf, she is still being seen as OP.

But sure, the rework was a success. And sure, powercreep is a problem in this game.

7 Likes

Weā€™ll blizzard hereā€™s some feedback for you to ignore considering my thread was locked for being inappropriateā€¦

ā€œNo one complained about mass resurrect this muchā€¦ just saying, you asked for it. Deal with it.ā€

Go to locked within 15 minutes existing but toxic waste spewin threads about nerfing mercyā€™s are left open to comment on and read.

Great job there blizzard, really shows how done with taking feedbacks and working you are. And time for feedback

Mercy doesnā€™t need nerfs just like she didnā€™t need that garbage rework thank you and hopefully you actually use this feedback and donā€™t do what they crybabies do or I will will shove this thread up your anyways thanks for those amazing automated responses.

Xoxo - mercy main

11 Likes