[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Posts marked by author for removal get deleted within 24 hours. But mods can delete them instantly.

lmao im just being fed proof that blizz did this on purpose lmao

When linking/quoting a post from another thread, it usually links the thread above the text right?

Shouldn’t it give the link to the thread above the line inside the box with the text in it?

On the Forum? I think you can’t post links, to less activity.

k thanks for the help

one more thing, do you normally get a email or something about a thread not following rules if it gets deleted?

If a thread is just locked they write under it shortly why. But if it’s 404ed you get nothing.

A poster on the Blizzard Forum under the name Brawl made a very detailed post about what he didn't like about the current Mercy, and shared his own ideas about the hero. This post had nothing wrong to it, it follows all the rules on the forums. You probably think that I'm gonna say that Blizzard moved it to the Mercy Mega thread and to get over it, but no, they just deleted this post the poster put a lot of effort and thought into.     
This post is not meant to be about Mercy, but about how Blizzard dealt with the post. Mostly, the way Blizzard would deal with a Mercy post would be to move it to the Megathread, this has been the case for a long time now, but there is no reason for them to have deleted this post. Before anyone calls BS on this, here is the link to the forum post :

Proof 1:

The post no longer exists. When you look at the link it says "Valkyrie is indeed a bad design" which should be the title of the post. The only way to delete a post is to change the title of it requesting a mod to delete it manually. I'm guessing you have noticed by now, the title of the post does not say delete anywhere.

Proof 2:

Here the poster quotes his own post, which should link the original thread above the line inside the quote box, which it does not. You should be able to click onto a link inside the quote that takes you to the original source/post.

Proof 3:

That post on the Mercy Mega thread shows the poster posting the link to his thread. The link has a little circle at the end with 9 in it. That is the number of times someone has clicked on the link. Now when someone clicks on it you get the 404 Page Not Found with the link from #1.
1 Like

I need help with more to write, it is supposed to have the link to some posts under proof

wait are innapropriate threads locked? Do mods delete innapropriate/ non rule abiding posts or do they lock them?

Maybe change that. It was more an analysis of Mercy’s issues and design flaws. I gave no suggestion how to change her kit, i only pointed at the problem’s and it’s causes.

I just reposted it, so it has no link attached to it, i just made a blockquote. You can remove that part.

they get locked most of the time.

What’s a good title for the post?

I’m very bad at making titles, so you have to think of one by yourself.

What about… “Blizzard censors and silences poster on forums”? Should it be more or less clickbaity

I don’t know man. Maybe point it a bit more in Mercy’s direction.

Blizzard Deletes a Mercy Post on the forums for no reason

Should be safe enough.

I posted it to reddit, wouldn’t be suprised if it gets like 5 billion downvotes cause it’s about mercy