[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Welp, here we go again.
Rez should be an ultimate again, or it should be earned.
Give me updoots!

83 Likes

So what are the devs thinking right now for tweaks to mercy? are we thinking about another rework perhaps?
Smaller changes to make the act of playing mercy more enjoyable?

Weā€™ve left a lot of feedback already and this new thread will only serve to retread topics and things weā€™ve already talked to death.

Whats happening to everybodyā€™s favorite angel?

(love the recent hero changes on the ptr btw hanzo is a blast now)

7 Likes

Can you at least, you know, address the situation? There wasnā€™t a single Dev comment in the 20ā€™000 posts in the previous thread.

15 Likes

Not sure if you guys have seen, but theyā€™ve reverted the Lucio speed nerfs on PTR due to popular demand.

Maybe thereā€™s still hope for us yet.

#RevertMercy :heart:

47 Likes

No there is not

zens orbs went through the shields on the ptr once

1 Like

Part 3? Hm. Didnā€™t even know there was a part 2. Anyway, just saying what I did last time. An instant Ressurect on Valkyrie would make Mercy absolutely amazing and still balanced.

4 Likes

People would Valk for the instant rez instead of Valking at the time itā€™s intended to be popped. Thatā€™s also why they got rid of the rez stack

1 Like

-ā€œWeā€™re consolidating feedback to make it easier to read!ā€
-ā€œPart IIIā€ with 0 dev responses
Anything to protect Geoffā€™s ego and his ā€œI am NEVER wrongā€ ideology, I guess?

41 Likes

This is very true! This is partially why I donā€™t think
Valk rez should be instant, but Valk should certainly reduce the cast time (perhaps to 1.25 seconds). Or even keep the cast time, but remove the slow and increase the range for the Rez.

6 Likes

Just ignore the person trying to get a reaction. Itā€™s better to ignore a troll than give them attention.

1 Like

Additionally, not every post in the array of megathreads thereā€™s been have been concerning Reverts. There have been thousands of posts concerning suggestions of reworks, rez removal, earning rez, or new abilities altogether. To claim every post is just #RevertMercy is frankly just making you look like you havenā€™t bothered to read any of the posts.

8 Likes

Mercy seems to be in a good place balance-wise if not a little strong. Before nerfing her though I would see how Brigitte impacts the meta and possibly buff Ana.

If Mercy is still too strong after these actions are taken I would probably lower her healing output on her primary so she is more of a utility support since I canā€™t think of anything other aspect to nerf.

I find it puzzling a majority of forum users think Mercy is a weak hero. As someone above stated she is the most played support in OWL currently. There is no question she is a good hero at this moment in time.

I still find her fun to play and sheā€™s my most played support this season. My healing, boosting, ult timings, and rezzes all feel impactful. I can take out an unsuspecting Widow or enemy Mercy with her unlimited pistol ammo and flight during ult. I can ult and create an opportunity for my team to engage with chain healing/dmg boosting. Her new movement with GA increases the skill cap and helps her stay alive longer. Rez is still a game changer and makes other heroes viable.

It seems that most of the people writing ā€œMercy is no longer funā€ are extremely biased in their views. That is unfortunate and I hope they donā€™t have too much influence on your decisions as developers. Mercy in her current state is very engaging to play as and one of the best supports in the game. Thereā€™s no need for her to be broken and easy to use for months again.

I realize that I am biased as well, but try to take that into consideration as best I can. I donā€™t have a ā€œmainā€ in Overwatch. I try to look at stats, coordinated play, different viewpoints, not just my personal gameplay experiences. In the end you devs designed this game that we all became passionate about. While I disagree on some choices I trust your vision.

I love Overwatch

5 Likes

š“£š“±š“®š“»š“® š“²š“¼ š“š“µš”€š“Ŗš”‚š“¼ š“—š“øš“¹š“®.

Never stop until your voice is heard.
That, is the philosophy which i have always lived by.

Letā€™s not forget WHY we all joined this game in the first placeā€¦

š“£š“ø š“«š“® š“½š“±š“® š“—š“®š“»š“ø.

And itā€™s about time for Mercy to once again Shine those Rays of Hope!

#RevertMercy

-ChibiFox :fox_face:
(I personally am up for anything, as long as it Retains Mercyā€™s Unique Character ability to Revive the dead. Especially in Larger amountsā€¦)

48 Likes

Tom, you are the best employee on this forum, but we really donā€™t feel like we are being heard too much when we are writing our posts hereā€¦

48 Likes

Well at least weā€™ve been told that theyā€™re reading our feedback. Although, it doesnā€™t feel like it and judging by a lot of the developer read time, it doesnā€™t look like it either.

32 Likes

Sorry there mate. I enjoy an ult that does something rather being a clunky spectator cam to watch teammates die.

36 Likes

Did I say after her nerfs? No. I said after her rework. Do not put words in my mouth. Where is the fun in an unengaging ultimate, and not having to earn your strongest ability? Itā€™s the case for every other hero, that their most powerful ability is earned, not given (yes Iā€™m including Supercharger in that). And earning things is fun. Her signature ability went from being a reward to being already there. That is not fun to play, nor is it fun to play against.

Show me where Iā€™m saying that? Where is it written that you can only care about one problem at a time? I am vocal about Torbā€™s critbox, I am vocal about Ana needing buffs, I am very vocal about Sombra being treated like garbage off the street, I am vocal about Mercy being unfun. All of these are major problems with the game, all of these deserve equal attention, and I will fight for each until they are good.

Objectively false. I long for the EMP bot Sombra days. A slow, but reliable hack was insanely fun to play. Having hack be quicker but unreliable because of bugs is hell.

You think Iā€™m a Mercy player? Thatā€™s cute. No, Iā€™m a former flex, current Moira main. The only time I have on Mercy, other than Mystery Heroes, was a couple of hours where I played her in QP long enough to understand what all her kit did, and try and see the POV of those who wanted a Revert. Which I managed. I came to the conclusion Rez didnā€™t feel as rewarding as such a strong ability should, meaning it needed eith being made earned or removed, the healing style wasnā€™t for me but I could see how it could be fun, Guardian Angel was great, and Valjyrie was just boring. I am far from a Mercy player.

16 Likes

Oh man. I just noticed. We are a new thread. Love you to devs. You listen so well.

Happy 7th Megathread everyone.

15 Likes

Worst thing is the first thread had like over 10K + all the other separate posts, thereā€™s probably over 50K Mercy posts and 0 replies

5 Likes

Crazy how the thread almost reached 20k posts.

2 Likes