[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Yeah and that would have been fine until you said this…

Let me repeat this part from you post:

I think I am just going to assume anyone who think’s she is bad must seriously just be trash at this game

Anyone who thinks she is bad, huh? I think she’s in a bad design state, so therefore you assume I’m trash based on that statement.

You talked about the nerfs being fair (I think they didn’t go far enough), but then you made that end statement and that was your mistake and reason for my reply.

Indeed I will reply in kind to such generalization and ignorance towards the positions various positions regarding how Mercy is bad now because its not all about the nerfs (they are sign of poor design BTW).

1 Like

There’s plenty of people who ask for someone in their match to go Mercy, usually because they want some particular DPS on the team pocketed or some other reason related to her consistent healing or other remaining positive traits. As to this being her best state I’d argue it isn’t, at least from a player engagement standpoint. However, if you’re getting fun out of current Mercy, then power to you.

2 Likes

I think I beginning to add barbs in my posts now that HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED has replied in a most lame uninformed fashion.

Hope you don’t get silenced @Macster-11267 I like reading your posts :heart:

That’s not the point though.

Assuming that everyone wants a mercy on there team is wrong.
Assuming that because you don’t have fun playing a hero no-one else does is wrong.
Assuming that because you believe the old version of a hero was better everyone else feels the same is wrong.

The main point with any hero is that they are balanced and can be played effectively as part of a team.

The issue there is that not every hero is fully balanced. Mercy’s current state, thankfully is, though it’s not particularly engaging and suffers in the fun-factor department. EveeA’s tweak ideas would do wonders for Mercy, I think, as would a number of the other suggestions in here. However, these will likely have to wait until other heroes like Symmetra and Ana get sorted and something comes along that outperforms Mercy’s current state.

Man, these certainly are dark times for support players. First Mercy, and now Brigitte’s up on the chopping block. This game…

3 Likes

Ana’s unlikely to be sorted out unless her win rates are bad (as that’s clearly how Blizzard balances the game). Symmetra just happened to get lucky with the Hero Rework Roulette at Blizzard’s New Year party, because her win rates weren’t bad by a long stretch.

She won’t be getting changed again.

i wonder where is 2500 pages McCree Megathread. Why people don’t complain about that he isn’t fun (bring back FTH that can oneshot tanks - that was FUN and ENGAGING gameplay LUL) hero to play and that his ult is only used for quick reload. Mercy mains are hilarious tbh.

No matter what future patches or changes or heroes happen? That seems like a terrible idea.

Lmao I stopped caring about Mercy months ago, I suggest you all do the same.

Not caring about game as whole feels like better option.

5 Likes

Did you seriously come in here just to insult people? 'Cause that’s what it seems like. Just move along, make the Mcree Megathread yourself if you want, but at the very least try and act like you’re gonna provide actual feedback related to the thread’s topic.

7 Likes

Well if she does it certainly won’t be in the next 12 months.

Although I know there are some mercy players desperate for Ana buffs so that mercys pickrate drops.

I can already see the forums after the next batch of ptr changes go through.

Guys. Why are you all still posting in here. The devs ignore it, and cant even post in it themselves. They have to get mods to do it and that’s pathetic. Just leave this threads, and make your own.

Since no change is coming our feeback is no longer needed. Now this thread can close after 9 megathreads.

Go free

It’s not that they can’t, they just won’t.

1 Like

Ana needs buffs in general, the Symmetra rework needs to get sorted, Doomfist debugged, and a number of other issues dealt with, yes. I’m just hoping that somewhere during or after that some kind of tweaking happens for the sake of engagement/fun-factor. Ideally the tweaking that EveeA suggested, but I’d be happy with any of the suggestions that have been provided so far. In short, changes would be nice, and since everyone’s already waited this long some more waiting honestly won’t hurt.

Nope, i’m just observing this thread for a while. Mercy is absolutely fine and in a great spot atm. She needs nothing.

So basically… It’s like this:

I think Valkyrie is lacking something, it doesn’t feel like an ultimate. What do you think about it?

RESPONSE:

The pickrate? It’s fine.

14 Likes

Write translation book, from dev language to normal, so we can understand them better :thinking:

“Hero is fine” - pick rates are normal;
“We are listening to all feedback” - we are collecting trash in dedicated trash bin.

5 Likes