[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

But seriously, do not see agenda everywhere. Believe or not, like it or not, they are people who genuine enjoy the current Mercy. And as long as discussion with them is healthy (without calling each other names), it’s fine, really.

It depends. During my games, I usually don’t get anything. No matter if I do good, or I’m having a bad game: it’s nothing. No thanks, no bad-mouthing, occasionally a “hello”.

But hey, nowadays it’s usually Widow’s fault we lost, not because heals were bad :>

A consequence of working from home I’m afraid, it becomes the sole source or human interaction and it makes it too easy to take micro breaks and do silly stuff on the web! But yes, I think doing something else for a few days is what the doctor ordered. :slight_smile:

That’s very nice of you and I appreciate your thought! I didn’t get her at all at first, and tried virtually every other character before it suddenly dawned on me how she’s supposed to be played. She’s been a favorite ever since (except for a couple of months during the height of the Mercy meta, then I discovered Ana instead). Honestly, even at my angriest I still love her. :slight_smile:

Now break, peace and happy thoughts to everyone!

1 Like

I learnt not to play Mercy. Mercy requires to much co-ordination for … teams like that in Bronze, Silver, Low Gold, Mid Gold and High Gold. If people want to … up their matches and go kamikaze dive then sure, let them do that.

There is no need for us to go Mercy if they will not allow us to heal. You have a better chance at climbing out of Bronze by taking Moira, Brigitte or another DPS.

1 Like

Don’t forget we have dr. Ziegler on our side!

People please, don’t fight each other. Okay, the situation is infuriating and is taking too long (almost one year now). Current design has too many flaws, is bad design because of a lot of reasons that have been discussed and are being repeated over and over each day, and it’s normal that a lot of us are fed up, but that’s not a reason for being mad if someone talks about something good he did. Doing that will only harm ourselves and that’s not the point about the forums, I think.

If someone needs to take a break, that’s a good option. I write less because it wasn’t healthy for me, and now I’m feeling better, but I keep watching the forums as I did before and keep writing (but instead of a lot of posts I write usually a single huge post). Just an example.

I think everyone here (or at least the majority) has something in common. We all love Mercy as a character, no matter if her design is better or worse. We want her fixed for good, so let’s try to keep it civile.

6 Likes

Also, it’s worth to mention that EeveeA’s thread was posted on new forums as well, and not so long ago (and how did I miss it before?). You can check Eevee’s idea here:

It’s typical that when I finally catch this it’s when I’ve resolved to take a break, but I feel I need to post this before my “holiday”.

I don’t think this is the rez bug even though it looks like it, I think it’s just that I left the range. I think they need to show us more clearly when we are about to abort the rez by leaving the range, I wasn’t really rushed here but they had a sniper so I didn’t want to be too out in the open. My suggestion is to either give the rez-range the same treatment they gave Lucio’s aura (a visible ring) or have some sort of meter countdown so we can see when we need to stop moving away. A sound cue could also work.

Edit* Or add a timer that shows us how much time before rez is through.

Now, back to self-pampering!

1 Like

Urgh, the amount of times that’s happened to me and others. It’s a horrible feeling; they need to increase the range when casting at least, since it feels awful and having your team complaining about no rezzes.

I agree that Mercy is not fun. I remember the feeling I got when I pulled off a 5-man resurrect with her old ultimate. That was fun.

I get why she had to be changed, but really? Really? The Devs said that they wanted to give something awesome and fun to compensate for the loss of mass resurrect. Valkyrie was initially fun, but it turned out to be too strong. She got nerfed so much that the ability lost all of it’s “awesomeness”. The current version of Valkyrie is not worthy of the hero we have all come to love.

I have yet another idea for her ult. It would be like mass resurrect, but expect resurrecting everyone, she heals everyone around her to full health (maybe after a cast time?), and grants everyone a short period of invulnerability. The iconic line “Heroes never die” would fit into this version (because it doesn’t fit Valkyrie). While the mechanic is very similar to mass rez, I think Mercy would feel a lot more fun while not making enemies feel like they got “cheated” like the old rez did. It would basically work like another support ult - if this was a bad idea, shouldn’t all the other support ults like Lucio’s and Zenyatta’s be reworked too?

I don’t know what to do with Valkyrie, but I was thinking about moving it to an E ability. It would last for only like 5 seconds or so (less that what the ult currently lasts) and it shouldn’t buff Mercy too much. Valkyrie would only grant Mercy the ability to fly, and maybe increase the range of GA. This ability would have to be on a very long cooldown, tho.

The Devs said that they wanted to enforce Mercy’s role as a healer with fantastic mobility, but they also wanted to compensate on the loss of mass rez by giving Mercy a really strong ultimate which Valkyrie used to be. The changes I just presented would really shine out her role as a healer with fantastic mobility but also give Mercy players the feeling of achievement and pure awesomeness when they save their entire team from under a Graviton Surge. In this version, obviously, her core mechanic resurrect would be removed, but be replaced with a similar ability that should feel as awesome. Resurrect is an incredibly awkward ability to balance after all. And who says that being on the enemy team of a Mercy who just resurrected her entire team from your ult combo is more discouraging than seeing the pesky tracer who you just sniped be resurrected? Okay, mass rez may be still more dumb, but my point is that resurrect is not fun to play against. I know that being resurrected feels awesome, but I think we are running out of options on what to do with her.

Oh right, they don’t listen. Nevermind.

7 Likes

Yeah at the moment there isn’t any abort button… to be honest you did nothing wrong. You staying alive is a lot better than dying to a snipe

I don’t want Mercy to become OP but I do think she should be more fun to play. Mercy’s ultimate should feel like an ultimate, powerful and helpful. Right now she is a flying Orisa ultimate with healing capabilities. This is so bad that she could say to the enemy “Do you need a hug?”. No multiple resurrects despite it being an ultimate, it having a cooldown is terrible - what? Why was it included?

Idea 1 - She needs buffs to make her one resurrect instant but with no invincibility and no more resurects when she uses her ultimate.

Idea 2 - resurrect isn’t instant even when using her ultimate but she gets an extra resurrect when using her ultimate which is also not instant.

Idea 3 - all resurrects should be instant but the time to generate her ultimate is lengthened and the damage beams are not extended on to multiple targets.

Idea 4 - in her ultimate resurrects are instant but when not using it they are on a cast time.

She shouldn’t get anymore than 3 resurrects but I think that rez needs to be instant to give her more utility and to be more helpful.

No arguments needed, these are just my opinions and suggestions

Won’t fix the problem of Mercy but okay.
You don’t want an argument anyway. Just saying.

Because Blizzard lost sight of the whole thing.

We have no way of proving or disproving this theory but the idea that Mercy was nerfed because she Hide and Res is very vague accusation. So they wanted to move away from it.

The initial changes still focused too much on her Res ability, it is like having Deflect being the focal point of Genji’s ultimate. So they had to handicap it to make Res feel more like a skill.

They tried this and Tempo res was proven to be far too powerful even when they tried to reduce the number of charges. An instant res is far too powerful for a SKILL

If we retain the current handicaps that comes with Resurrect, then having an additional charge would be pointless you would be out of the game for around 5 secs and you are completely vulnerable. It wouldn’t be ideal.

Damage Boosting at the moment is arguably one of her strongest features in Valkyrie mode as it enables the team to roll them. Increasing her charge means she has to heal more meaning Moira and Brigitte will be a pain to team up with. Any form of HPS stealing will slow Mercy down and if team mates don’t allow you to heal, you will only gain 1 ult in around 4 minutes… since her value is higher than Zarya’s

This was the previous version, version 2.4/3.0 the one before was like this idea… they got rid of it… it cause Valkyrie to be played around Resurrect they do not want this.

3 Likes

It is tough how Mercy players are treated, it can get extremely tiring. If your mental health is suffering, it’s always best to take a break. Maybe force yourself off the forums for a bit, go relax, take a walk and enjoy the little things. I know many of us feel the same way and are here for you, I hope that’s at least a bit comforting.

On another note, we’re heading towards another 10k! That’s exciting.

Mercy should be the better healer that is her primary kit function, that’s like Aphrodite in Smite doing less healing behind Guan Yu, Terra or even Artio. Mercy is supposed to have that top single heal. putting her behind say Moira or Ana who has a group healing capabilities would just defeat her overall. I always try to give Ana and Moira a chance though giving my mercy time a break.

Its been a while lets see… Blizzard still refuses to listen to feeback and is in denial about mercy so… nothings changed?

10 Likes

Haaa fun thing is, I saw EeveeA’s post and she didnt call for a revert/rework. She basically called for nerfs to all of mercys abilities + making res charged (with healing, this is the only part I like). And guess what. DPS players were still complaining that after the changes (which were gonna make valk pocket mode-mercy since double values on beams bu solo targeted for 12 s) she proposed.

Is it just me or I think that balancing around the comfort of the DPS’ is ruining the game. Like the upcoming symm rework is hella strong. And I’d love to play with it UNLESS I knew that the 8 nerfs are waiting her just around the corner just like they waited mercy

10 Likes

Because MUH KILLZ.
How Mercy dared to nullify my eliminations! NERF THE WITCH!

Also, these Eevee’s changes were one of the solid ideas we’ve seen around forums. It’s still not enough, because people suddenly don’t want res being earnable (even though they wanted this just a few months ago) or Valkyrie being an actual ultimate. No. They just want nerf her healing to 50hp/s. And they say “she still be viable, so stop whining”.

Bruh.

6 Likes

Actually rip this game. Devs please add a feature in custom games where we get to choose which patch we get to play so I can have some peace and enjoy some Mercy 1.0 by myself. And a game where Moira, Brigitte and all these cancer heroes never existed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Literally even custom game suggestions get shot down

“UGHHHH WE DONT NEED THAT IT’S A WASTE OF THE DEVS’ TIME”

…So, they’re working on the league and some reworks…

What else is so urgent, so dire, they can’t put old stuff in customs. Not just Mass Rez - Symmetra’s shield E, Bastion’s shield and Hanzo’s scatter. These options would open up whole new options for customs.

2 Likes