[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Not better, easier.
Every good player can mimic the effects of Valkyrie with good positionning and good healing prioritisation.
We don’t want, and we don’t need an ez mode.

According to the developer update:

The decision about single resurect are limited to:
“Will I die if I press E ?”

While they were near infinite with mass rez.

I will never, ever, ever miss being yelled at by my team because I was actively trying to heal them.

“YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIDING NOT OUT IN THE OPEN WTF YOU LOST THIS FOR US”

Eff that noise.

Actually yes.

Like it or not, old Mercy’s kit was designed around setting up a high stakes game of cat and mouse.

She can help people she’s not looking at so she can keep a lookout for danger. She’s the most mobile healer so she can scurry away from danger. She can’t heal and shoot at the same time so she’s very unlikely to kill anyone ever.

Mass resurrect complemented that insanely well. That gives her a tool to do something about extreme danger. That gives her enemies a reason to hunt the mouse.

3 Likes

She does the same thing now as she did before, but now the difference is she has another ult, while still having a ress. So… Her playstyle unless you are referring to Hide and seek mercy… Has not changed a bit.

This. People just don’t hunt Mercy like they used to, and while part of me is grateful to not go through VietMercy flashbacks anymore I miss that frantic energy and pressure of the old cat-and-mouse chase.

It doesn’t. I was talking about resurrect.

"Hide and rez" VS playing properly

If Mercy is hiding, she is letting her team in a 6v5 situation. A situation you can win without using all of your ults.

Whenever Mercy resurects her team, her allies become very visible and immobile during 2.25s. Most of the time they are either all grouped up in a very small area (after a Zarya ult for example) or they are all spread up. They have bad positioning because you had time to take control of the area.
You have the advantage of being the first to shoot.
While they are invulnerable, you have the time to

• Setup the best D.Va ult you have ever seen
  • Tell your Reaper to prepare spinning
  • Launch your graviton surge to instantly shut down some (if not all) of them
  • Ask your favorite cowboy to tell them what time it is
  • Use Mei’s Blizzard
  • Prepare to release your EMP
  • Meteor strike them all
  • RIP-Tire in their face
  • Blink blink blink recall, then blink again and finally stick your bomb to someone
  • Start raining the justice from above
  • Prepare to hearthshatter them all
  • If you don’t have any of the precedent options available, you can still put their head in the center of your screen, and left click

Because the reason she was reworked was because she wasn’t fair to play against. That’s the bottom line.

What you’re saying is subjective. Mercy is engaging to play. She’s just not what you want her to be. But mass rez was just not fair in its core mechanic. Mercy was rewarded for not participating in a fight. That’s bad design so it was corrected.

Go ahead, try to look at my hours. I’ve played Mercy in almost every competitive season. I have almost 100 hours on her I think, I’m not just saying this. This is reality. Mercy is a balaced hero and is engaging. Maybe not in silver where no one can hit you so you never have to move, but in my elo you are always moving. You are always having to make crucial decisions that can make or break the fight. You are the lifeline that keeps the team alive.

Don’t even get me started about her ult, it’s no longer a defensive ult. It enables the team, it keeps Mercy alive. It gives her full range of the battle field to do with it as she pleases. She can even counter ults like Junkrat’s with her rez.

Mercy is a fun hero, she’s balanced and more useful than she’s ever been. She’s just not what you want and that’s okay. But you need to stop. She’s not being reverted or changed and she doesn’t need to be.

Ahh ok, My bad, Rez is still healing though.

For team fighting it’s actually

1. 5vs6 let them waste their Ults.
  2. Mass rez
  3. 6vs What ever is left.

You have to fight the enemy team 2 times that is why they do it. You also only disappear when the fight starts going south. So the start is 6vs6

Fair? Results determine what is fair. She wasn’t even considered a good pick. Just too many salty Reaper/Junkrats didn’t like it when she rez’d the people they killed. Which half the time or more she was killed in it anyway.

But you know what I don’t like being hit by Junkrat/Reaper ults so by that logic we should eliminate them because they aren’t fair.

Hm. Interesting how 20 players can mass well over 1000 upvotes on a single post.
Overwatch Forums

8 Likes

Only because of her pick rates right?

I will start what I want to…And let me tell you, ‘‘Ult’’ Should be battle changing right? Well, Mercy ‘‘Ult’’ clearly isn’t.

the entire community > mercy’s fan base

sorry but this is democracy, and most of the community in Mercy 1.0 didn’t like her mass rez

Blizzard can try to rework her again, but she is line with other heroes (symmetra, torb)

1 Like

??? You’ll start where you want to? Are you foreign or something because I clearly didn’t say anything about where you can or can’t start.

Actually it was a small portion of vocal people with influence (streamers) that didn’t like mercy rez. Most people loved Mercy’s rez and consider it even now iconic and core to the hero.

2 Likes

Hmm, Okay?
(20 characters)

You probably are foreign. I’m not trying to be mean just what you said didn’t make sense, that’s all.

lies. I have been playing the game since season 3 I trust me, since her “not able to die while rezzing” change went through, almost nobody liked her rez, that is not a mercy main, in plat and below. I reached diamond only after the mercy rework.

And you did?
(20 characters)

I agree with that, but people always make it sound like Mercy is “ten miles away from the fight”. That’s why I’m addressing this case, even if I know it was very rare.

Mercy mains never cried that she was boring to play before her nerfs. Yeah she is boring because her ult is boring, but her kit, until the ultimate, is basically the same.
Also the 5 months meta was blizzard’s fault, they could have fixed it in 2 days.