[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

For a kit that focuses on Valkyrie as the Ultimate, I really like the direction you went with it.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but could Mercy not do this already? Unless you mean that she would automatically GA when a target is LOS instead of the user having to press the button to initiate her first. I think would be kind of a nice QOL in the heat of battle having a sort of ā€œpin ballā€ ability that allows you to auto-GA to whoever is in your line of sight for a brief amount of time the moment you heal or damage boost, but I have a feeling thatā€™s not what youā€™re referring to. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong though!

If I were to suggest one thing in terms of improvements, I think that if there is some sort of rez charge system put in place it would put more weight in the value of rezzing and when to use them. As in, if you heal a certain amount you are given a rez charge. Itā€™s been suggested quite a bit in previous discussions, and I think it would really add a little reward to Mercy players who prioritize healing over going ā€œbattle mercy.ā€

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Current GA functions essentially like this:
Favor beam target - if youā€™re attached to someone you will always GA to them regardless of who you have in your reticule. Now this isnā€™t an issue if you are manually holding the beam, but many of us (especially on console) use a setting to toggle the beam on/off, and in my experience to cut the beam cleanly you have to switch to your gun before you GA. This makes these two modes not mesh together well.
Favors reticule - you fly to whoever is in your sights, making you unable to perform the nice jukes and maneuvers you can do when you can fly to someone not in your LoS (like GA out of a well despite not seeing anyone). This mode, however, allows you to keep healing someone even as you are trying around escaping enemies, giving you more freedom to heal whoever needs healing the most.

With my suggestion you would always GA to anyone in your reticule, but if someone isnā€™t in your reticule you would always GA to whomever your beam is attached to (and if none of this conditions are met, not GA at all obviously).

This is a straight up buff, and I would prefer for this thread to mostly focus on bug-fixes, QoL changes, and other improvements that are more visual/auditory.

Another visual thing I would like to see corrected is for Cobalt Mercy. Her Golden Weapons use the same color lights as the normal mercy (Orange) instead of the non golden version of Cobalt (light blue). Im talking on the U with a I on the middle on the Blaster and the circle that is on before the rotating mechanism and the staff.

Great post. Every suggestion seems reasonable and to make mercy players feel better without changing gameplay or impact. I hope you get heard by any dev. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you, that was basically my goal. I just hope they, and people in general, are open to listening as I made this just to try to get some of the annoyances that plagues her out without making her stronger.

2 Likes

This is easily the most annoying thing about Valkyrie :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It has caused me to waste a rez occasionally, which is annoying because usually if you rez in Valkyrie itā€™s because the situation is dire.

3 Likes

Remap Suggestion

I actually did a lot of work when re-mapping my controller, with multiple tests to maximize efficiency, mobility, and hand movements. Here is what I came up with (PS4 controller)

LB: guardian angel
LT: jump/angelic descent

RB: damage boost
RT: heal

Triangle: ult
Square: reload
X: rez
O: crouch

DpadUP: spray menu
DpadLeft: change hero
DpadRight: switch weapon
DpadDown: coms menu

The biggest problem is that no matter how you slice it, you have to sacrifice one of your analogues while switching weapons (which can be a lot while trying to dodge); I try to switch only when I have cover, while jumping or while using guardian angel.

Hope this helps, give it a shot and let me know what you think :slight_smile:

PLEASE can they fix the res/angelic descent thing. It is so frustrating to accidentally trigger res and die.
And a card for Valk healing would be nice. I honestly wanna see how much healing I do when in Valk-- it might make me feel a bit better about it as an ultimate.

The ability to bind separate keys for going up and down in Valkyrie would be quite good.

The amount of times Valkyrie is so fast you accidentally NOOM past the soul while resurrecting itā€™s honestly so funny.

Heros Never die
SWOOOSH
(Insert woman in the car going to fast image)
OH GOD NO THE SOUL
NOOOOOM

Iā€™m sorry, this was the best I could do. :joy:

1 Like

YES PLEASE Iā€™ve wanted this for so long

2 Likes

It would be nice if they considered it someday, when they have resolved more pressing issues. I do think it would do a lot in terms of engagement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also if anyone hear about the ā€œVertical Bunnyhopā€ that impulse Mercy so high just like Pharah, and you just need a closer ally to perform that (but itā€™s really difficult). So it would be great for Mercy playeres if they can make it easier.

1 Like

I like these ideas. Would also like to see them fix the issue where guardian angel sometimes randomly flings you backwards/roots you in place, which usually leads to death.

All the suggestions from the OP are amazing! Theyā€™re not buffs or nerfs or anything, just QOL things that have no reason to not be implemented.

Please, OW Team! Especially the GA hybrid thing. That would be beyond awesome.

2 Likes

FINALLY a Mercy thread worth reading! thank you so much! I agree with every single point you make dude, great job, implementing these would make Mercy feel even more fluid which is always a good thing

Iā€™d like to also add that weird bug with GA that throws you backwards if you are in melee range of your target, Iā€™ve died quite a lot of times because of it

I would really like if they give her melee staff attack a CC option - for example she could lock gun of affected enemy for a 1 second to give her opportunity to escape/pull a pistol and fight. With 3-4 meter range and 7-8 second cooldown. It would give her so much depth.

This sounds vaguely familiar, although I think I always assumed I messed up myself. Do you have a video of it happening? I would really like to add it to the OP, but I want to see exactly what happens first.

1 Like